Best Buy - It's what you would expect. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"It's what you would expect."

Former Employee - Geek Squad Operations Agent in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Geek Squad Operations Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are extremely flexible with your availability. Typically, they have a good hiring process that selects people with a good attitude. It is easy to move to the department you want to work in. Management takes feedback well.

Cons

Nepotism is obvious. They tend to over promise and under deliver when it comes to promotions and incentives. The ability to make bonuses is almost impossible. They tend to flip flop on policies extremely quickly on a corporate scale. There is almost no training, if they want you to sell refrigerators they will stick you in that department with no other information.

Advice to Management

Better training on the actual material.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

"Still learning from challenge and change"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Richfield, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, people willing to answer questions and help you get trained when you take the time to ask, great pay, beautiful campus and location. People love what they do and enjoy consumer electronics.

Cons

Company still has its challenges of learning to evolve with the times to stay relevant. It is still pretty siloed, and tons of internal competition for resources, rather than working together across divisions. It can make for a stressful environment when not knowing what direction the company is heading and not feeling very confident of the strategy in place to remain competitive.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, meet with them in person, create an environment where people can share their concerns to help improve the state of the business.

2. "Computer Specialist"

Pros

Great atmosphere. I love working with all my coworkers. Management at the beginning was very nice and friending. There was room to grow you could switch to a different department within sales if you asked. The discount is really nice. I also loved being able to see all the new technology and learning about how everything works.

Cons

After a year of working there best buy started not to do so well as a company. They started to become very strict with our sales even though we were not on commission. The management was kind of bipolar. They were nice and motivating when we were doing well in sales for the day or rude and not in a good mood if we were doing bad in sales. I went from loving working there to hating working there.

Advice to Management

Motivating and having incentives will make your employees work and performance better. Not being rude and making a bad atmosphere.