Best Buy - Horrible | Glassdoor

"Horrible"

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Sunrise, FL
Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your able to meet people and expanding your network. Also I work in the mobile department so phones are a big deal to people. You either do great and give them the best experience. Or you mess up their phone and it becomes a bad interaction.

Cons

DOES NOT PAY ENOUGH. Especially in the mobile department. I recommend being a cashier or something easier. What sense does it make for cell phones employees and cashiers to make the same amount of money. In mobile you need to kno about 15+ carriers plus the pro and cons about each, and what will be great for the customer. At AT&T stores sprint and verizon. They get paid at least 12. In mobile they start you at 9 which is complete bull.

Advice to Management

I love electronics but management is management. It sucks in every store honestly. And I can't just blame mangers. I blame the CEO. I'm fed up with company. Most of its the pay. In mobile you don't get compensated for your work it's completely unfair. I might as well be a cashier and make the same amount of money. Won't deal with the stress of customers with their phones. I Won't recommend bestbuy to any of my family or friends.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

"Best Buy Mobile Specialty Store General Manager"

Current Employee - Best Buy General Manager in Youngstown, OH
    Current Employee - Best Buy General Manager in Youngstown, OH

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small environment that allows more 1-1 time with employees and customers. You get to learn how Best Buy runs and your learn all aspects of the business.

Cons

You work by yourself most of the time. There are long hours and labor is tight for your employees, meaning you will work more.

2. "It's ok for starters."

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Dallas, TX

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's an awesome place to work, you will get along with everyone and also if you always want to keep your self updated all the time, this is the right place to be! Also awesome teamwork.

Cons

The only thing though is when you try to get back at the company they will try to not to get you back. I've tried to get hired at this company several times, but did not accept me.

Advice to Management

They do have a lot of favoritism please work on that and choose your employees wisely.