Best Buy - Good Company for a first Job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"Good Company for a first Job"

Former Employee - PCHO Lead in Wilmington, DE
Former Employee - PCHO Lead in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learning how to conduct sales, manage client systems, and perform analysis. This was a perfect first job for someone interested in the field of technology with a sales slant.

Cons

Overbearing management, ineffective scheduling, lack of ability to advance in the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Good company"

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people who care about the customer

Cons

Confused Executive management who have abandoned their roots.

Advice to Management

Remember that it's your people who got you there

2. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to move around, speak with customers about products. It was really exciting for me working the game sales floor due to my knowledge of the hardware and games. I enjoyed the outfit, the employees were kind to me while I worked there. I enjoyed the encouraging talks, the managers were always talking to me to give me confidence in approaching.

The store was brightly lit, and the work wasn't too difficult. I enjoyed doing most of it. I was honestly really excited to work in an electronics store as it's the only job I've ever had that was the closest to my interests(video games). I wanted to learn everything I could about the media, and they had a comprehensive online database to increase employees knowledge.

Cons

Camera's kind of creeped me out, there's one almost everyone. Also after a while the store kind of gives off a hyper masculine bravado type of feel that exhausts me. Couple in the lack of organization of the products and computer systems consistent bugs. It kind of made me feel like they did the bare minimum on employee side, focusing on sales and not the actual upkeep of the store. A six sigma approach to sales and organization would have done wonders for the company, and they cared little for my suggestion. A seasonal worker is just a seasonal worker, I felt baited into thinking if I just kept coming to work early/on time and put as much effort in good customer sales and organization they would keep me. The database for employees though comprensive had very intense dead lines. They promised me not to worry about it, and that I would be given time to do it. I was not given time to do it. Also getting my belongings patted down every time I left the store was a bit demoralizing. Finally, the cold shoulder. I was essentially let go in a fairly nonchalant way. Scheduling manager seemed to avoid me and people who had no problem calling me to work extra hours would never return mine. Just felt used. No hard feelings, just my personal experience.