Best Buy - Leave you kinda blue | Glassdoor

"Leave you kinda blue"

Pros

Co-workers are fun and caring majority of the time. There is a family feel to it. And there's something really awesome when you help a customer and they just can't help but smile. I love that feeling knowing that I made someone's day a little easier.

Cons

Being moved around without the adequate training. Customers that are beyond upset over past experiences that didn't even involve you. The MIS is somewhat outdated and crashes often. Part-timers don't get a steady schedule one week you have no hours the next you're working 30.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing employees to force credit cards onto people most don't want it and some really can't afford one at their present state.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Fun place to work at especially if you like technology"

Current Employee - Computing and Tablet Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Computing and Tablet Sales Consultant

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work environment is great. Co-workers are usually good too. Discount is sweet. Fast paced and fun. YOU either make it a fun place to work at or a place you dread.

Cons

Pay is poor for what I bring to the playing field. I'm a TOP Revenue performer yet paid like crap. Customer service is underrated by managers and corporate. All about numbers.

Advice to Management

Pay better to keep your best employees and top performers. Blue shirts on the sales floor and competitive pricing is what is keeping this company alive. 0.25 raises are a joke.

"The times are changing..."

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Texarkana, TX
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Texarkana, TX

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with (usually) ..
    Decent discount on certain items...
    That's really all that I can think of at this time...

Cons

Management is deaf to suggestions from lower level employees. Corporate has on several occasions made very shady policy changes, and when the policy would fall through, corporate was quick to pass the buck and blame the line level employees.

When I first started the employee turnover was near 0%, but in the last 6 months our turnover has skyrocketed to nearly 100%.

Advice to Management

Take ownership of the consequences of your actions.
    Take suggestions from your line level employees, because usually they can tell you whether or not your idea will actually work or not.
    Understand that without your line level employees there would be NO Best Buy, and if you take care of them, then you'll attract top level talent.