Best Buy - Leave you kinda blue | Glassdoor

"Leave you kinda blue"

Pros

Co-workers are fun and caring majority of the time. There is a family feel to it. And there's something really awesome when you help a customer and they just can't help but smile. I love that feeling knowing that I made someone's day a little easier.

Cons

Being moved around without the adequate training. Customers that are beyond upset over past experiences that didn't even involve you. The MIS is somewhat outdated and crashes often. Part-timers don't get a steady schedule one week you have no hours the next you're working 30.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing employees to force credit cards onto people most don't want it and some really can't afford one at their present state.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Fun place to work at especially if you like technology"

Current Employee - Computing and Tablet Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Computing and Tablet Sales Consultant

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work environment is great. Co-workers are usually good too. Discount is sweet. Fast paced and fun. YOU either make it a fun place to work at or a place you dread.

Cons

Pay is poor for what I bring to the playing field. I'm a TOP Revenue performer yet paid like crap. Customer service is underrated by managers and corporate. All about numbers.

Advice to Management

Pay better to keep your best employees and top performers. Blue shirts on the sales floor and competitive pricing is what is keeping this company alive. 0.25 raises are a joke.

2. "Great place to work retail and develop sales skills."

Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Concord, NH
    Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Concord, NH

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the team based atmosphere in our store, and the company culture (have fun while being the best).

Cons

Like with any job, the people that you work for matter the most. I had one supervisor who was not very mindful of people's schedules and another who went above and beyond to take care of us.

Advice to Management

If the company is going to fail, it is going to fail, messing around with the employee discount isn't going to make or break the company, so just leave it alone!