Best Buy - okay job | Glassdoor

"okay job"

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales
Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales

Pros

The opportunity to learn about all the new phones when they are released. There is also a discount after working for the company for 30 days.

Cons

its a seasonal position and you get evaluated at the end of the season. The uniform is not very fun to wear because of the bright blue.

Advice to Management

Best buy should pay more attention to the well being of the employees so that customer satisfaction goes up. If the employees are happy, then they will provide a better service.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Extremely disappointed and working at Best Buy was a joke. Clueless management staff."

Pros

*It was a fun place to work and made lots of friends with staff (excluding the management)
    *the discount was great
    *good about giving you time off when you requested it.

Cons

*Like what others have said the management act like hawks monitoring everything you do, shows a lack of trust and faith in your employees.
    *Most of the management had no clue, and let their job go to their head.
    *Forced to work weekends, no exceptions
    *Store meetings were a waste of time
    *Very low paying job
    *If you were part time you would never work more than 14 a week
    *Lots of politics, everyone seemed real fake, especially the management
    *The job required personal time outside of work to complete required training which is ridiculous for such a low paying job. I don't think so.
    *Like others have said its a okay job for a few months to a year but don't expect any sort promotions or career advancements.

Advice to Management

I think best buy needs better management training, needs to learn to trust their employees more. The mentality of the management staff was that everyone cannot be trusted and we have to monitor and babysit them every second. Do your job instead of just delegating the task to someone else, some members have this mentality that I'm to good or important to deal with customers. This is the wrong attitude when working in a customer service driven retail environment!

"Do not work for best buy."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

Pros

The discounts some of the people I work with.
    Getting to work with electronics.
    Learning all kinds of new things about technology.

Cons

The management and supervisors are terrible.
    They deff play favorites at the sore I work at.
    There company philiosohy makes no sense what so ever, lets have a non commison environment and when employees don't sell enough we will treat them like garbage.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more.
    Don't play favorites.
    Treat us like human beings not robots that have to recite everything you say.