Best Buy - It's ok. Just stay on the managers good side, which means sucking up to the right people. | Glassdoor
  1. "It's ok. Just stay on the managers good side, which means sucking up to the right people."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is cool (depends on the department) cool associates, fun when you meet your goals, lots of cool prizes. It was fun while I worked there.

Cons

Lot of gossip, managers are messy and big headed, Petty managers run and tell each other everything and then turn around and talk about each other. Management is crooked and like to sleep with employees. Some managers like to think they are high and mighty. A lot of under the table work.

Advice to Management

Grow up, stop getting involved with drama.

Best Buy2015-07-27
  1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Best Buy full-time

Pros

Encouraging, can move up, good work environment

Cons

Retail, not every store is the same family environment

Best Buy2019-05-30

"Great training, loads of support, fun environment."

Former Employee - Computing and Digital Imaging Sales Consultant in Rochester, MN

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the best training in industry for a kid who had no experience in sales. Friendly store competitions. NOT COMMISSION BASED - Sometimes the store, occasionally your nearby stores too, would just have rough months, its very nice to not have to worry about the income being consistent, and, it helps you sell because you don't feel pressured to add a bunch of stuff they don't need so you can pay bills too. It lets...

Cons

Lots of working with people (its sales), so you can get some moody people. I didn't really like sales, but I loved the opportunity at Best Buy, but even though we had a small store, my hours would get cut because I was way below were I needed to be for sales, hard to raise that when you are in the store once every 7 or so days.

Best Buy2019-07-21

Discover more reviews about Best Buy.