Best Buy - Computer Sales Consultant | Glassdoor
  1. "Computer Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Best Buy part-time

Pros

This is a an hourly retail sales job. So, pro's are fairly limited but I will be optimistic. Interaction with customer helps time fly. 30 mins for lunch break on shifts over 5 hours. Managers are very open for communication and help. Employee discounts are very generous.

Cons

E-learning (product slide shows with tests) are not challenging and a waste time. (tip, pay attention so you can pass the quiz at the end) Management has no clue how to manage employee work hours. Employees are constantly scheduled for ten hour shifts and then asked to work four hour shift once they hit their time limit. No compensation for products sold, thus no real incentive for an employee to put extra effort in. The POS is painfully slow! Customers are constantly frustrated when check out times exceed five mins. This is the biggest problem at Best Buy.

Advice to Management

For corporate, please update your POS system! This will increase customer satisfaction and increase revenues! For my manager, if you spent a little more time planning the work schedule there wouldn't be such a hire turn over rate (no one likes working a ten hour, standing retail shift). Fixing this problem would save the store time and money, which in turn would look great when corporate evaluated our numbers.

Best Buy2015-08-12
  1. "Great company with great opportunity if you’re willing to put in the work."

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Skill development, pto, health insurance, employee assistance programs, great culture.

Cons

Overtime is very limited, accountability is hard from an HR Level.

Best Buy2019-11-12
  2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

Dealing with electronics if your into that

Cons

Some customers can be clueless and seem hopeless to help even if you explain properly

Best Buy2020-01-23

Discover more reviews about Best Buy.