Best Buy - Awesome | Glassdoor

"Awesome"

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Home Theater Specialist in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Geek Squad, Home Theater Specialist in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I enjoy working at Best Buy because of the satisfaction I get when I am able to get a customer everything they need.

Cons

I don't have many cons at all, I'd just like more hands on training per department for employees because that is beneficial to company as a whole.

Advice to Management

The leadership should present more opportunities for the employees to expand their knowledge on the product.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Terrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The pay is decent if you can negotiate a good wage to start with.
    The benefits and the employee discount are awesome.

Cons

Unpleasant customers
    Little to no opportunity for advancement
    Corporate likes to restructure every year or so and gets rid of some management and supervisor positions so there is some instability
    Management plays favorites, will micromanage you, and probably won't recognize your work. Some of them are pretty immature and will only talk to you if you are friends with them or they want something from you. If you want to talk to them, they will most likely pull out their iPhones, check their e-mail, and ignore you.

Advice to Management

Grow up
    Get off your phone
    Give a sh*t about your employees and customers - because we're the reason why you get bonuses - or not

2. "About as degrading as being pimped."

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Specialist in Charlotte, NC

Pros

I enjoy the interactions with people and the great employee discount. That and the fact that management is understanding of family issues and situations, its awesome in that regard.

Cons

Of course, you still need money to pay for the discount. I Feel as though Best Buy as a whole is a great company. Its just that the store I work for is sorely underdeveloped. It's a great company with good benefits if you have them, they just have a horrible management that does not follow through on promises and expectations. Namely rewards. Plus the accessories are sorely overpriced.

Advice to Management

Guys, at 1107 there is a severe lack of trust, respect and a total uncommitment to the company. Employees feel as though their voice has been quieted, and that you really do not have their backs. Just listen to your employees, and follow through on your promises and you'll see a stronger more committed staff in no time.