Best Doctors - Invested quite a bit of time here, but given the door because management can't manage their way out of a paper bag. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Doctors

"Invested quite a bit of time here, but given the door because management can't manage their way out of a paper bag."

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Boston, MA

I worked at Best Doctors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned quite a bit technically, however management was all about covering their own ass.

Cons

Management is still questionable, unqualified, some inept, some on the verge of going full retard.

Advice to Management

Fire all the inept management and maybe, just maybe BD will go back to the ideals. It's a shame they are just hiring more and more retarded managers that do not have a clue how to manage anything. They are lucky if they can put on their pants in the morning.

HR should stop writing reviews, they are pretty bad at it. You aren't fooling folks with your "I'm not from HR reviews".

Other Employee Reviews for Best Doctors

"A Great Place to Work and Grow...for the Motivated."

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Proven track-record of sustained growth and success, especially over the last 5 years. Business model is sound, with a mission that actually helps people. It's nice to work for a company that is doing well and growing. Work-life balance is very good (though that can be relative to your specific manager). While different people have different experiences, I've seen It as an environment that encourages forward-thinkers and allows individuals to have an impact. After working at companies with huge bureaucracies and red-tape that minimized any individual impact, Best Doctors has been a breath of fresh air. Good office facilities in an easy to get to location. The company outings are also nice events to reward employees.

Cons

Growing fast means more work for fewer people, and the demands that puts on BD employees can be tough. No tuition reimbursement benefit. More employee coaching would be great. Maybe there is a better way to incentivize employees to stay, grow, and thrive. It can be troubling to see colleagues leave. Provide a more clear track for growth and compensation, and I think more people will buy into the mission for the long-term.

"Bad reviews on glassdoor.com? Just have HR write fake ones."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time

Pros

It's very hard to get fired. It's also very easy to write a con list, which I'm considering to be a pro to fulfill the 20 word minimum.

Cons

I'm mainly writing this to point out that our HR team is writing reviews to try to offset how many horrid reviews we have. In reality, despite the amazing ideal of what the company could be, no employee likes working here. I'm sure you can pick out which ones were written by our HR team. That alone should be enough to turn anyone away. Just to be safe, here are some more reasons in order of severity:

HR's main goal is to relentlessly inhibit employee growth and satisfaction.
    The CEO seems to be trying to destroy the company via his whimsy.
    Favoritism and inequity are rampant.
    Technology and systems are being used to cripple the company.
    Managers don't understand the concept of managing.
    Communication is entirely nonexistent.

Advice to Management

My only advice would be to replace yourselves with an experienced, successful management team.