Best Version Media - Publisher | Glassdoor

"Publisher"

Current Employee - Associate Publisher in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Associate Publisher in Denver, CO

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is hard for me not to write an entire book on how much I love this company and the people within it. The culture of Best Version Media is by far the best I have ever experienced, and I have been fortunate enough to work with some incredible companies. The CEO, Dave Durand, is inspiring and humble and encouraging. My division and regional management team, Kevin and Jeremy, are supportive, informative,and terrific motivators. If looking for training, support, motivation, encouragement or a reality check, it's just a phone call away. The wisdom and expertise of my peers and leaders is shared openly and consistently. My favorite thing about working with Best Version Media is the training is aimed at helping you realize the best version of yourself in every way. I am passionate about the product we produce and love that this company is designed to help everyone from employees to clients to readers win! This is an exciting and rewarding adventure, I can not thank all who make this happen enough!

Cons

It takes perseverance to build your magazine. The negative is the gap in income from hire date to print. However, follow the metrics, believe in yourself, your product, and your community, and you will reap the fruits of your labor.

Advice to Management

I am beyond thrilled to be part of Best Version Media. Thank you for being the leaders the world needs! You accept people for who they are and encourage us all to be and do our best in every way. The positive impact you have had on my life is immeasurable, and I know there are many other Publishers who feel the same way. Thank you!

Other Employee Reviews for Best Version Media

"Sales Account Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

This is a great company that is very fair, full of encouragement and their method of sales are really great! All of the people are very friendly and very serious. There is very little up-front investment ( about $500 depending on travel expenses).

Cons

The biggest con is that there is down-time in income while you collect sales, so if you do not have 2 -6 months living expenses covered while you are trying to get this going, then it's not for you.
    The other big con is that it really does matter where you live in order for this magazine to be a success. The magazine caters to rich, successful families and you must convince advertisers that that is what they want. Smaller cities are tough because the local businesses already have a network and a good handle on how to sell their wares. My city really only has one development considered successful and they rejected the free magazine coming to their homes. Other developments were too small for advertisers to be interested. So know your city and your local businesses before you take the plunge. BVM will say it doesn't matter where you sale, but it does. It will take much longer for some areas and if you're not already retired with an income, you won't make it.

Advice to Management

Admit the area for sales matters and reject people who don't have an income that will cover their living expenses for a year.

"Publisher"

Current Employee - Publisher in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Publisher in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bring an Independent Contractor at BVM has been an awesome experience! It is extremely rewarding and they offer tremendous training, support and flexibility to help you succeed. This company's primary focus is you and your personal success!

Cons

The only challenges are those that you must overcome in keeping yourself motivated and BVM does a great job helping with that too.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!