"Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Development Project Manager in West Mifflin, PA

I have been working at Bettis Laboratory full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-life balance is exactly as advertised. Since this is government work, you can't take your work home, nor can you talk about it even if what you're working on isn't classified. Every other Friday off and there's always someone there to help you do your job. I don't see the "good ol' boys" or lack of female management here. I currently work for 4 female managers and they are all very capable. Managers are very supportive when requesting additional training.

Cons

Lower pay than similar career industries, but the work-life balance seems worth it (to me). Lots of nit-picky paperwork that borders on semantics.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Internship"

5.0
    Former Intern - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Bettis Laboratory for less than a year

Pros

As an engineer you get to work on cutting edge technologies and gain a lot of valuable to experience. They make sure you have a mentor and help you grow through out the summer.

Cons

There is a lot of red tape and processes to step through. In this industry it is necessary but it is frustrating at times.

"Avoid"

2.0
    Former Employee - Technology Technician in West Mifflin, PA

I worked at Bettis Laboratory full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working at Bettis was always about job security. Even THAT isn't a sure thing, these days.

Cons

Increasingly poor benefits. Raises do not even keep up with cost of living and insurance costs. Communication has ALWAYS lacked. Instead of promoting knowledgeable people into management positions, they choose people who just have a degree to their name, and are willing to be yes men. Those that do NOT tow the line, are usually discounted as disgruntled employees. HR department are the biggest comoany shills, who will stab you in the back, all the while, with a friendly smile on their face.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Bettis Laboratory.