Bible League - A unique experience | Glassdoor

"A unique experience"

I worked at Bible League part-time

Pros

The best reason to work here is because for the first time in my professional career I was able to truly feel like I was making a difference. It was the one place where I worked where I felt that every day going in we were doing good work that would benefit the entire world.

Cons

Working for a non profit is tough just because of the economy overall and there are so few dollars to go around for the non profits that it is really a much more competitive environment than you would think.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep believing in what the company is doing for people around the world.

Other Employee Reviews for Bible League

"Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at Bible League full-time

Pros

Cutting edge work in Bible distribution and translation. They provide great benefits for me and my family (a lot more than just medical and dental). The work environment is very friendly. People are open to admitting shortcomings and working with others to fix problems. The leadership is honest with staff.

Cons

Hard time for non-profits in general. Donors are tightening their purse strings. This causes stress of course, but I do not see a gloom-and-doom situation as the negative reviews have.

Advice to Management

Keep trying creative ways to engage donors.

"I am thrilled to be a part of this great ministry!"

I have been working at Bible League full-time

Pros

Bible League is reaching people around the world with God's word through the local church and other partners to help people meet Jesus. The dedication, commitment and servant heart of those I work with are evident every single day and I feel blessed to be a part of it. Bible League offers very competitive pay and benefits and an excellent working environment where people are recognized for their contributions.

Cons

Bible League, like many nonprofits has struggled with the ability to raise income for our ministry. We have experienced some staff lay-offs, which is difficult to go through, but it has also helped the organization become more efficient and streamlined.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. We appreciate all of what you have done to bring us through change and transition. Communication is vital and people need to feel appreciated and recognize how their work ties to the mission.