Big 5 - very unsatisfing | Glassdoor

"very unsatisfing"

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Big 5 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do not have any good qualities from an employee standpoint

Cons

Work/life balance, pay ,upper management

Advice to Management

Do a better job of having well rounded individuals in positions higher management who do a better job of scheduling people who will work as a team and also who are knowledgeable enough to cross train all employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Big 5

"As a manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Big 5 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros are they take care of you as an employee. The district supervisor took a personal interest in me and my employees. The Benefits package was great (they paid for it). My supervisor allowed for my creativity and my connection with the community to dictate how the store was set up, and how we approached visual merchandising. A great job for a part time seeker. .

Cons

The lack of commitment to improving the company and bringing it into the current century. The dress code is rediculous, shirt and tie for all male employees, really? The quality of some of the products is poor at best. The lack of annual raises is discouraging, out of 7 years employeed, recieved 3 raises.A good start into management but not a life long or long term career choice

Advice to Management

Do away or redefine the dress code, the shirt and tie has little or no effect on a customers perception. Upgrade the return policy so it is defined accross the board, not left up to managers discression.

"experience"

Pros

Good people that work hard.

Cons

overworked; management constantly preaches they pay just as well as similar business in the industry....they don't!

Upper management plays favorites...they promote each other.

Advice to Management

IF you have an anonymous tip line why do you question the employees in the field asking round about questions trying to identify the anonymous person?