Big Blue Swim School - This place needs to get their stuff together. | Glassdoor

"This place needs to get their stuff together."

I worked at Big Blue Swim School full-time

Pros

Working with great employees, and teaching some really fantastic children, something I'll never forget.

Cons

Pretty much everything else.

Advice to Management

You need to get it together. This company is not going to succeed if you keep running it the way you are, and letting your Regional Manager get away with everything. It's ridiculous how you let this man take charge of a 5 star facility, only to screw everything up all in the matter of two weeks. I'm not a bitter employee, and honestly, since I was let go, it's been a huge relief, but I hate seeing my fellow... associates getting treated with so much disrespect. The only way you would ever get respected, or noticed nonetheless, is by kissing up to the regional manager, because he sure does enjoy playing favorites. And yet, parents are withdrawing, employees are leaving because the only thing you care about is money. John and Chris are great people, you guys had run a fantastic business, and you two are great people, but you need to open your eyes up and see that you need better management.

Big Blue Swim School2018-05-13

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Best Job I’ve Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Swim Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Big Blue Swim School full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very rewarding and your efforts are always noticed. Great feedback from management and lots of help getting you to where you want to be in the company.

Cons

Some co-workers bring along drama but that’ll be found in any workplace.

Advice to Management

None, you’re doing amazing!!

Big Blue Swim School2019-07-02
  2. "Okay job, not great pay"

I worked at Big Blue Swim School

Pros

Entry level, get to spend time with kids, learn swimming techniques, most holidays off

Cons

Very little pay, crappy hours.

Big Blue Swim School2018-11-28

Discover more reviews about Big Blue Swim School.