Big Brothers Big Sisters - I work for a wonderful cause & feel good about my work every day! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Big Brothers Big Sisters

"I work for a wonderful cause & feel good about my work every day!"

Current Employee - Match Support Specialist in Tifton, GA
Current Employee - Match Support Specialist in Tifton, GA

Pros

There is constant confirmation that you are doing something important. You get to see how what you do affects others. The work you do is important & those you serve let you know that!

Cons

There are no benefits. No insurance or retirement. There is always the possibility that we will lose grant & government funding & I will not have a job.

Advice to Management

I don't really have anything negative to say about the management here. So far, it has been fair and consistent. They are in the office working more hours than I do, so I never feel that I am working for a hypocrit. It's great!

Other Employee Reviews for Big Brothers Big Sisters

1. "BBBS has encouraged me to do my best, strive to improve my skills & knowledge and supported me every step of the way."

Current Employee - Match Support Coordinator in Keene, NH
    Current Employee - Match Support Coordinator in Keene, NH

Pros

Knowing a child may find a safe, happy place to explore new experiences & improve their lives is amazing.

Cons

It's more difficult when people don't keep in contact with agency per their agreement.

Advice to Management

System works when all parties follow the guidelines. No advice necessary.

"Great Mission, Poorly Run Organization"

Current Employee - Agency Development in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Agency Development in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Upon first being hired some years ago, I really loved the organization. Yes, on first glance it was unorganized and a frazzled environment, but we got results as far as the children were concerned, and the staff at the national office were amazing. They were just a great group of people to work with, and I finally felt like part of a great team. But once the new CEO was hired and all of the layoffs happened, employee morale plummeted and has been down in the dumps ever since.

Cons

We are all overworked and underpaid, and treated disrespectfully. Also, care is not taken when hiring new employees. All of those that have been hired of late, are nasty and have poor attitudes; their personalities don't mesh with those who have been here for some time. There is a lack of communication across departments, and between managers and lower level employees.

Advice to Management

Management needs to pay more attention to all of the "worker bees". If it wasn't for them the organization would not survive because they literally do EVERYTHING. Upper management simply delegates, without a clue, and the "worker bees" pick up all of the slack, get things done, and cover upper management's rear ends. They need to be treated with respect, and after several years without pay raises, they all truly deserve them. Pizza parties do nothing to help them feel better about where they work and what they do.