Big Fish Games - Renewed energy, results oriented | Glassdoor

"Renewed energy, results oriented"

Current Employee - Senior Leader in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Big Fish Games full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There's a renewed energy and focus at Big Fish, genuinely believe there are good (if not great) times ahead. Strong and motivated leadership and a supportive parent company. Spectacular new office space (2018), in an awesome downtown location.

Cons

It is a hit driven business, need to be tenacious and at the same time patient.

Advice to Management

All roads lead to successful game launches - focus on likely successes.

Big Fish Games2019-10-24

"Big Fish Games is challenging and a fun place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager, Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Big Fish Games full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big Fish supports career growth for their employees. I started as a Sr. Motion Graphics Artist and wanted to move into Project Management. I was recently promoted to Project Manager, Mgr. It's a challenging and fun new role for me. BFG encourages and welcomes people that take risk, challenge theirselves, and push the boundaries.

Cons

Need to communicate between teams throughout the company more effectively.

Advice to Management

Listen and learn from the people that impact the day to day.

Big Fish Games2019-12-03

"Great culture but poor management"

Former Employee - Contract Administration Specialist (Reassigned to 904231) in Seattle, WA

I worked at Big Fish Games full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It’s a fairly relaxed environment where the company gives you a chance to be heard and be creative. The company was open to promoting folks from all stages. I have many coworkers that had great success in being promoted. They gave employees opportunities to learn and grow. The people were amazing. Going to work felt like going to a big hang out with all my family and friends. This is what kept me going. All in all a fun environment with great perks and a great location.

Cons

This might contradict what I said above. I really enjoyed working there but my comment here is one thing that needs to be pointed out. Management wasn’t the best. Most decisions were made from the top down and the vp of the in house studio at the time made poor decisions which caused several game sun setting or flat out not being released. Upper management seemed disconnected with the employees that work under them and it didn’t feel like they really cared.

Big Fish Games2020-01-15

Discover more reviews about Big Fish Games.