Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Director

May 4, 2017 - Director in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is the best of all worlds; mission driven, in a time in history that is unique, where our mission is understood and has such an opportunity for impact at scale; enough resources and investments to gain personal experience and personal growth; In the middle of defining and building a great internal culture; Amazing benefits, fulfilling work, good people, emerging values.

Cons

Get stuck in old stories, emphasize the complexity and difficulty in the work rather than the opportunity, put self care behind the mission and in turn lessen our impact.

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Response

Head of Talent Acquisition and Talent Management

Thank you so much for your review. I really appreciate your helpful insight and most particularly the need for employees' self care. If you have any thoughts on how best to help our employees do this, I would love to chat with you as it is a focus of my team right now. Pam.Yanchik@gatesfoundation.org

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great and awful

Jun 2, 2021 - Peer Tutor in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They’re good employers and the pay is great but the hours are limited

Cons

I wish for the hours to be more readily available

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Diverse Positions, Meaningful, Strategic, Potentially Difficult

May 30, 2021 - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The main pros is that I believe it is amongst the most strategic, influential development entities in the world which provides every day with a sense of meaning. You meet tons of smart people doing interesting projects all over the world in a best attempt at coordination I've seen.

Cons

The turnover rate at BMGF can be quite high because many positions demand a high work load. It really depends on the position and division you are in though. There were some 9-5 type positions with a good work/life balance but there were also many 7-10 type positions which is one of the potential reasons for the high turnover rate.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.