Billings Clinic - I miss working at Billings Clinic | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Billings Clinic

"I miss working at Billings Clinic"

I worked at Billings Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great educational opportunities, strives to be the best in patient care, work/life balance, financial help with certifications and continuing education

Cons

I can't really think of a con. I know that it's not perfect, but I was much happier there than at my new facility in a new city

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your frontline employees

Other Employee Reviews for Billings Clinic

1. "credentialing"

Current Contractor - Medical Biller in Jonesboro, GA
    Current Contractor - Medical Biller in Jonesboro, GA

I have been working at Billings Clinic as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can put all the doctors on the correct plans.

Cons

If they are not on the correct plans, they won't get paid within network.

Advice to Management

I am self driving and motivated to achieve my new career.

2. "Objectively decent enough, subjectively best hospital in area"

Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Billings, MT

I have been working at Billings Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful sense of community here with lots of employee resources and family-friendly activities outside of work. The doctors are great but the nurses are pretty clueless, so I have no idea how quality happens yet somehow it appears to?

Cons

Parking and the low-quality yet outrageously-priced food in their cafe and cafeteria are both utterly terrible. We have over 120 employees in my department alone (the main hospital lab) and only 48 parking spots within a 5-minute walk of the building. The hospital next door to us has a huge parking garage structure, yet somehow despite decades of employee requests, the management still won't build one for us here. It's very frustrating to finish a 14-hour shift at 6am only to find my car has received a ticket from hospital security for taking up a patient-only space in an empty lot for a department that closed before my shift even started. Thoroughly ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Please stop spending money on expensive advertising campaigns or providing every inpatient pediatric room with the latest video game consoles and flat screen TV's. Especially when what we have desperately needed for the past decade or so is one or two parking structures like any other reasonably modern, self-respecting healthcare building. It's a shame to look across the street and see St. Vincent's empty parking garage for their lesser-quality healthcare and fewer employees, and compare it to our hyper-regulated, minimal access lots for Billings Clinic, which claims to be the best in everything EXCEPT listening to and meeting basic employee needs. I've frequently considered quitting over the unrealistic parking expectations, especially during the brutal Montana winter months when I was commuting over 45 mins each direction then still spent another 20-30 mins trying to find acceptable parking within a 15-min walking distance from the building.