Billings Clinic - Billngs Clinic | Glassdoor

"Billngs Clinic"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Billings, MT
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Billings, MT

Pros

Its a stable organization where you can work your way up through varies positions and improve yourself. For example, I started in medical records and moved into pharmacy, from there I have recieved encouragement to pursue a degree in pharmacy. Billings clinic does encourage its employees to improve themselves.

Cons

Right now they are really expanding too fast which is cutting the budget for the established departments right now. Its a sad day when you cant afford you office chairs or sticky notes but two new buildings are going up. However since it is the largest employer in the area the level or red tape can get kind of silly.

Advice to Management

Stop expecting your employees to do more with less. It should never ever take over 6 weeks to get some one hired for an entry level position. There are just too many layers of management involved in certain processes. Why have manager for departments if they are essentially powerless to do anything then communicate or work as a bridge to upper management. Why hire these people if you cant trust them?

Other Employee Reviews for Billings Clinic

1. "Awesome place to work."

I have been working at Billings Clinic full-time

Pros

Coworkers take pride in the hospital, most everyone is very friendly.

Cons

I have no cons about Billings Clinic

2. "Objectively decent enough, subjectively best hospital in area"

Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Billings, MT

I have been working at Billings Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful sense of community here with lots of employee resources and family-friendly activities outside of work. The doctors are great but the nurses are pretty clueless, so I have no idea how quality happens yet somehow it appears to?

Cons

Parking and the low-quality yet outrageously-priced food in their cafe and cafeteria are both utterly terrible. We have over 120 employees in my department alone (the main hospital lab) and only 48 parking spots within a 5-minute walk of the building. The hospital next door to us has a huge parking garage structure, yet somehow despite decades of employee requests, the management still won't build one for us here. It's very frustrating to finish a 14-hour shift at 6am only to find my car has received a ticket from hospital security for taking up a patient-only space in an empty lot for a department that closed before my shift even started. Thoroughly ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Please stop spending money on expensive advertising campaigns or providing every inpatient pediatric room with the latest video game consoles and flat screen TV's. Especially when what we have desperately needed for the past decade or so is one or two parking structures like any other reasonably modern, self-respecting healthcare building. It's a shame to look across the street and see St. Vincent's empty parking garage for their lesser-quality healthcare and fewer employees, and compare it to our hyper-regulated, minimal access lots for Billings Clinic, which claims to be the best in everything EXCEPT listening to and meeting basic employee needs. I've frequently considered quitting over the unrealistic parking expectations, especially during the brutal Montana winter months when I was commuting over 45 mins each direction then still spent another 20-30 mins trying to find acceptable parking within a 15-min walking distance from the building.