Bimbo Bakeries - Good Company with tons of room to grow | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bimbo Bakeries

"Good Company with tons of room to grow"

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Mokena, IL
Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Mokena, IL

I have been working at Bimbo Bakeries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great co workers, flexible hours, great benefits,

Cons

lack of communication, slow to react to market issues, allows other to dictate our business

Advice to Management

know the business not the numbers on a computer screen!!!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Bimbo Bakeries

"Company on a downward spiral"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Bimbo Bakeries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much to say on the "Pros" side of things since they bought out Sara Lee. Before the buy out the leaders talked a big game but never delivered on their promises. Lots of problem and everyone seems to turn their ear and hope the next guy will fix the problems for them. Very lazy leaders in the Midwest. They always put the blame of not making numbers on the drivers when we are the ones who can't get the product we order.

Cons

Can't get the product we order or get cut so we can't get the sales. It's a simple problem but the leadership can't figure out this concept.
    I had a personal illness of a family member and went to the HR Diretor in Chicago about it and she asked me if I had talked to my local HR person. Hello!!!! You are HR so why can't you help me? If you visit our depot and tell me if I ever have issues to need anything to call and when I do you deflect me back to someone else????? Thanks for being so "deeply humane" as our mission, vision and values states.

Advice to Management

Where did all of the talent go that was with Sara Lee? Before I felt like a valued member of a team and now I just feel like we are all working an extra 15 hours a week but yet in contract talks you want to cut our wages, make us pay more for health insurance and take away seniority? Something doesn't add up.

"Confused at best"

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Bimbo Bakeries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Geeat job once you are on route doing your job and not dealing with absurd corporate management issues.

Cons

Too much management in positions of importance with little to no experience in the bread business. And trust me the inexperience is obvious.

Advice to Management

Take time to learn and understand the business in which you are a part of. And listen to the people that actually do have experience and knowledge of the industry.