Binding Site - Modern company on the outside; traditional, slow, and process-oriented on the inside. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Binding Site

"Modern company on the outside; traditional, slow, and process-oriented on the inside."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Pros

The company has recently moved to modern and spacious premises right in the Birmingham city centre. The strength of this company is in its (international) sales and marketing.

Cons

In many departments of the Binding site the process has become the product often under the guise of "quality assurance". Tremendous inefficiencies are masked by strong sales in a small niche market that lacks a competitor for the time being. Should this situation change, it is highly unlikely that the current R&D innovation can take up the slack. Senior management information is passed down by "trickle down" through the babbling of junior managers and HR. Employees flee the premises at the strike of the clock.
Future employees beware; if you are looking for a modern Biotech company in the vein of Genetech you are set to be disappointed. You are likely more likely to find a traditional Midlands manufacturing company in every sense - process oriented, hierarchical, patriarchal, slow. Needles to say this model has not served other Midlands companies well, but this company lacks the vision to see the parallels. I certainly would not recommend this company to anyone who values autonomy, creativity and who is goal oriented.
Please note that this review relates to the UK premises in Birmingham not the international subsidiaries where the situation could be different.

Advice to Management

My advice to leadership would be to stop isolating themselves at the top. Educate themselves on the workings of more established big-name Biotech companies ...there is is plenty to learn.

Apr 4, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your comments – we appreciate you taking the time to write them although we realise your review relates to a period when the business was undergoing significant change and transitioning... More

Other Employee Reviews for Binding Site

"Exciting, Fun & Challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Binding Site full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with the Binding Site for less than two years and it's been a great experience so far. Not only has it been fun to be part of such a diverse team, but it's good to know that the Binding Site has team members that have been with the company for more than 15 years (a few past 20+ years). My professional development is important to my manager and to the company; we all have the tools available for continuous growth. I look forward to a long career and more challenging opportunities.

Cons

More opportunities for field employees to interact with in-house employees

Binding Site Response

Jun 26, 2016 – Head of HR (USA)

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience working at the Binding Site. We are always excited to hear that our employees are as enthusiastic two years into their employment as... More

"Tremendous Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Binding Site full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people who are passionate about what they do. Overtime not required in most positions. Flat organization so there aren't layers of "middle" managers. Small organization so we have the opportunity to learn a lot within our departments.

Cons

Upward mobility is limited in some departments because employees don't seem to leave at the management ranks.

Binding Site Response

May 11, 2016 – Head of HR (USA)

Thank you for your feedback about your experience working at the Binding Site. As a Company we want everyone to share the passion about what we do which is ultimately about helping patients around... More