Bio-Rad Laboratories - Very stable Medical Device company, a little old school. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bio-Rad Laboratories

"Very stable Medical Device company, a little old school."

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Benicia, CA
Current Employee - Technical Writer in Benicia, CA

I have been working at Bio-Rad Laboratories full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very stable company with regular acquisitions, good product line and its biggest asset is its worker bees. Good benefits and decent compensation. Provides area for personal growth.

Cons

A little old school, very resistant to change technology wise. Sometime way too many reorgs and restructuring within division. Lack of training and reacquainting.

No peer or management review.

Advice to Management

Adapt technology, welcome creative processes and new ideas.

Other Employee Reviews for Bio-Rad Laboratories

1. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hercules, CA

I worked at Bio-Rad Laboratories full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Profitable company with stable growth

Cons

Poor leadership skills in managers

Advice to Management

Need to hire strategic managers

"Take other offers!Unpleasant environment may pose hazard to your health!Systemic & Prevalent Micro Management~read on!"

I worked at Bio-Rad Laboratories full-time

Pros

I have deep respect for the Founders & Family as their contribution to the world is immeasurable but unfortunately, management executes tyrannical abuse of their authority of Draconian measures decaying apathetic culture of their employees.

Cons

I came to Bio-Rad Laboratories with high hopes & expectations of a meaningful career but was quickly discouraged with their systemic leadership incompetence & culture shock! Poor training & support, some employees are territorial & apathetic toward their colleagues. Helping others is frowned upon by management, they often question our integrity, we are constantly reminded & told "It is not our job"! you are to keep to yourself & push those bogus numbers regardless you received full training or not. Metrics are bias. It is an unpleasant environment & stunts your growth, affecting your health. Employees cower in fear to have a voice. When quality issues are reported, you are either ignored or deemed trouble maker & swept under the rug; when you find ultimate solutions they blatantly & arrogantly take the credit. Each Department have high impermeable walls & exercise extreme office politics. A lot of red tape just to get a consensus & resolution. Management often walk pass by employees with a look of disdain without any greetings, habitually raise their voice & condescending. Colleagues think that the company's inclusion in the "Best Place To Work" ranking is a joke!

Advice to Management

Train your Management Team to be inspiring leaders not "incessant Micro Managers" and treat your employees with respect, dignity & professionalism. Office politics should not be encouraged nor tolerated. Balance your focus & goals to not only aim to please investors with numbers rather cultivate & motivate your employees & maintain the highest level of integrity & quality of the product & services. Give each employee a reason to genuinely smile & be contented to be a part of your organization. Remember that each one came on board with their own distinct gifts & talents. It is the people that are your undisputed assets & should be regarded as your top priority. I on the other hand, truly regret embarking in this company, it is not worthy of my integrity & sacrifice & of others before me who has been silenced. With God's grace, my faith has led me to journey on to greener pastures...nevertheless this painful experience has taught me to appreciate my true source of blessings~my family & the golden door(s) of opportunity I am being presented and where I am now. We get caught up in the material world but in the "grand scheme of things"... there is a divine order in life.