Biogen - Contractor at Biogen Idec | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Biogen

"Contractor at Biogen Idec"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Biogen as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Being a contractor at my previous company was not a good experience. However, compared to my last contract assignment, being a contractor at Biogen Idec as been a great experience. The group that I'm assigned to has really been great to work with. My manager has been flexible with my work hours. And it does seem like Biogen Idec takes care of it's permanent employees.

Cons

I have heard other employees mumble about seniority does not matter here, especially if you're a little outspoken.

Other Employee Reviews for Biogen

"You can do better."

I worked at Biogen full-time

Pros

High salary, great boss, solid company

Cons

High turnover - people would leave every week
    Poor management - my boss was great, but most aren't and your life will be miserable here if you don't have a good boss
    You may (or may not) have a good salary, but you will work in a hostile environment (people go crazy with high turnover0

Advice to Management

Do 360 reviews on people before they are promoted. Try to retain good people better. Jobs are hard to come by and it says something when people frequently quit a high-paying job.

2. "Growing company with great ethics"

Pros

Biogen Idec is currently on the rise with product development, so the work is ample and exciting. Good products also bring a positive atmosphere to the company and the workers there. You also have a sense at the company that the executives care not only about the profit but also the employees and the well-being of the employees and their families.

Cons

None that I can think of.