Biolife Plasma Services - Philanthropic work, Poor management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Biolife Plasma Services

"Philanthropic work, Poor management"

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Muncie, IN
Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Muncie, IN

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company values it's patients above all else. My coworkers were mostly really great, hardworking people who I still keep in touch with. The donors were also really great to talk to. We were able to pay for my wife's college with the paycheck, and it was really helpful when we needed it.

Cons

It is hard to work for a company that you feel like doesn't respect you as an employee. I have a very loyal personality, and I feel like I was taken advantage of and lied to because of it. I was passed up for promotions because of menial reasons that shouldn't have played a part as well as sexism; I was a better worker than over half of the workers they promoted and many of my coworkers agreed. Not a good situation for me and a few others that I worked with.

Advice to Management

Be more respectful and kind to your employees. Don't promise promotions and not fulfill them. Do not lie outright to your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Biolife Plasma Services

"Dedication isn't enough"

Former Employee - Center Supervisor
    Former Employee - Center Supervisor

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health benefits and friendly co workers.

Cons

Processes constantly changing
    Corporate management doesn't bother with everyday employees
    No job security....if upper management doesn't like you they will jump at first chance to fire you rather than help you work thru issues. So no loyalty,trust or respect. One regional manager is Mormon so your job is secure in his region if you are too

Advice to Management

Religion should not play a factor in retaining employees. Don't dismiss valued employees who just need some help.

2. "Working at Biolife was a decent experience."

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Mentor, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Mentor, OH

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time

Pros

Amazing benefits. The pay is decent for an untrained phlebotomist. Biolife loves to hire military veterans. The work is fast paced (if you are on the donor floor or in the lab). The management can be good. If you work hard, are good at your job, and to not partake in the ridiculous amount of gossip that goes on, you will climb the ladder.

Cons

There seems to be some favoritism that goes along with promotions. I saw less qualified personnel advanced over highly qualified, experienced phlebotomists. However, that does happen everywhere. You do not get much of a chance to stay hydrated while working (CLIA laboratory rules). The attendance policy is one of the strictest I've seen.

Advice to Management

Work to eliminate the gossip, and create a better attendance policy.