Biolife Plasma Services - Enjoyable, educational, and a bit of a struggle. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Biolife Plasma Services

"Enjoyable, educational, and a bit of a struggle."

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Harrisonburg, VA
Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Harrisonburg, VA

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay for not having any phlebotomy experience. The training wasn't too bad either, could be sped up a little more.
Very nice vacation time.
Good hours during the day.

Cons

The management seem to have a hard time listening to their employees that have suggestions. A little too much drama leaking into working causing a dysfunctional team.

Advice to Management

Listen every now and then and you might have things running smoother.

Other Employee Reviews for Biolife Plasma Services

1. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay is decent for the work, benefits, great morale overall

Cons

stressfull at times when really busy

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Schedule was awful and very little rewards for good employees"

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Eau Claire, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Eau Claire, WI

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services part-time

Pros

I enjoyed the job itself and working with customers. I also had great co-workers. The 2 weeks vacation was also nice.

Cons

The schedule was very inconsistent. One day I would work until 8:30 pm and the next day I would have to be back at 5:45 am. There was no routine to the schedule. There was very little rewards or bonuses for doing a good job, but we were nit-picked to death. It was very disheartening seeing the donors constantly getting thousands of dollars in prizes and the company couldn't even give us a decent holiday party. Also, wages were very unfair. I worked there for over 3 years and ended at $12.50 an hour and found out after I quit that a girl that has started about 6 months prior was already at $14 an hour! I couldn't believe it. I worked my butt off and wasn't getting paid what I deserved. Also, I hated that they would give an occurrence if you called in sick without getting your own shift covered. Everyone just came to work sick because they didn't want occurrences. One girl even passed out at work. It was ridiculous. Another girl I worked with was 9 months pregnant and dilated for days and the management refused to give her a chair. She had to stand through her 8 hour shifts. When the pregnant employees would complain about pains or discomfort, the assistant manager would tell them "If I could do this when I was pregnant, than so can you." Everything was about business needs and there was very little consideration for employees as humans who had lives.

Advice to Management

I truly believe this job needs to pay more and the staff need to be much more appreciated. It was disappointing leaving all the amazing co-workers, but I just couldn't stand the uncaring and critical management anymore. I also hated the constantly changing schedule. If the staff felt appreciated and rewarded, they would want to stay. The turn over rate is embarrassing.