Biomat USA - Worth the training. | Glassdoor

"Worth the training."

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Kennewick, WA
Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Kennewick, WA

Pros

A great place to get training as a phlebotomist. There really is no other reason to work there, except to save yourself anywhere from $500 to $1500 on a phlebotomy program. The benefits are great, I recall a 100% tuition reimbursement program but I don't remember if/what the limit was. Communication between management and employees was great - the corporate structure ensures that. Most managers are great. Great place to learn, if you can get a full unit of plasma out of a tiny vein with a 16 gauge needle, you'll be set to be a phlebotomist elsewhere. Be prepared to be part of a team - 6 or 7 phlebotomists collecting 30 units all at once, teaches you to stay on your toes. Co-workers are GREAT at helping you fix a stick.

Cons

HORRIBLE PAY. At my second interview the general manager said "I can do a LOT better than minimum wage!" Then offered me ten cents an hour more than minimum wage. Long hours sometimes, always on your feet, and sometimes you have to deal with some really skeezy "donors" who are only donating so they can buy a bottle (or worse). Some people are just down on their luck, but I'd say at least half had less than desirable qualities.

Advice to Management

You make a huge profit off the drugs made from the plasma, the donors receive money for their time, and the medical supervisors get decent pay - maybe you ought to look at the employees on the floor, in the lab, and in the donor room? They're the ones doing the majority of the work. They deserve better.

Other Employee Reviews for Biomat USA

"Bio-mat. Pros and cons from my point of view"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

If you are in need of employment it is very easy to get hired here. Train in lab, phlebotomy or front office w/o the need for pricey school or certification programs.

Cons

It's so easy to get hired here because of the lack of talent, tact and professionalism of those already employed by this company. There were few very nice and genuine people who I worked with, but not nearly enough to compensate for the rude, trash talking 'stuck in high school' crowd that overpowered this workplace. Also, the lack of professionalism could cost you your LIFE! There were many time I caught employees throwing sharps into regular waste baskets! I would never want to set foot through those doors again.

Advice to Management

The fraternization that happens here is sickening and make for an unpleasant environment. Watch for employees not disposing of equipment correctly, eventually you will get sued for their laziness.

2. "Decent option for student going into medical field."

I have been working at Biomat USA full-time

Pros

Patient experience and a great team environment.

Cons

High turnover rate leaves work/life balance very tight