KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee

If I could give ZERO stars, I would.

Jun 17, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

There really are no pros unless you count free parking and even that is bad because there are hobos that live in the parking lot.

Cons

- Extreme micromanagement. - Owner doesn't know what he is doing. - If there are too many customer cancellations (which there always are) he threatens to take the money out of your paycheck if he thinks it's your fault. - You are required to give "fanatical" customer service but he keeps ties on how long you stay on the phone with the client. - The owner runs off of a point system and expects you to get a certain amount of points every week or you are considered someone who is not doing their job. - The amount of points he gives per job (which is how long he thinks it should take you to do the job) is unrealistic. I could go on and on. Point is Stay Away!

5 people found this review helpful

BizCentral USA Response

CEO

Although I don’t know who you are, I clearly see that you are upset and use the internet to vent your anger. As the CEO, many believe I am nice, fair and supportive however I am not here to run a popularity contest. Our primary goal is to serve our customers! They are the ones who write our pay checks and keep our business growing. As for your claims, I strongly disagree. Our point system is fair and achievable, everyone is hitting service goals and making bonus. Our employees enjoy the flexibility, most have over seven years of experience working here and they don’t feel they are micromanaged. With unemployment levels so low, if most employees felt the same as you claim, they would all leave. Regarding my management skills, there is always room for improvement. However, I started this business from scratch, to date we have served over 25,000 clients, we not only survived the recession, we are growing every year and we provide more benefits and better pay than most businesses our size. I humbly believe this is some proof that I know what I am doing. Now let’s talk about you, perhaps you were that employee who caused many clients to be angry and canceled their order. I hope someday you realize that without customers you have nothing. There has to be a balance between happy employees and happy clients, when customers are not happy, we need to micromanage! I will not change or apologize for that. The good news for us is; currently we are getting this work done faster and better than ever without having to micromanage employees and our customers are very happy. Let’s use this experience in a positive way and move on to bigger and better things. Good luck to you.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Company rewards hard work and dedication

May 11, 2016 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for BizCentral for almost 10 years, and in that time have found the company and CEO to be very willing to reward those employees who possess a strong work ethic and commitment to going above and beyond to serve the client. During my tenure with the company I've been provided the opportunity to advance into management and executive level positions, as well as granted the flexibility needed to create a positive work-life balance. It has been my experience that management is always willing to work with those employees who are truly committed to their job. The company recognizes the importance of providing the highest quality services to all of our clients, particularly non-profit organizations. The business is family friendly, and strives to accommodate the needs of their employees, in return for dedicated service. Benefits are offered to all employees, including Health Care, paid time off, and bonus opportunities.

Cons

Being a small business that works predominantly to serve non-profit organizations, the compensation available to employees may not be as high as may be found in other areas. However, it has been my experience that compensation is more than fair, and salary increases are offered regularly to those employees who excel in their positions.

Be the first to find this review helpful

BizCentral USA Response

CEO

Thank you for the kind remarks, you are a key reason for our success! I value you as an employee and mentor to the team, thank you for all you have done!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Please, PLEASE do not work here

Feb 17, 2021 - Nonprofit Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, I cannot think of any pros of working for this company besides the fact that I met some really good people in my coworkers. That's it. That's the only pro I can think of.

Cons

Wow, where do I even start... what a horrible, awful, terrible place to work. Do not work for this company or these people unless you literally have no other possible option. Management is so unprofessional, rude, immature, manipulative, all of the bad things you hear about in stories about really bad management. They lie to both their clients and their employees on a daily basis - it is truly mindblowing how disgusting and despicable they truly are. Sales are the most important thing, which I could understand, but management prioritizes making the wrong sale to a client to make more money over doing what's right. If you have any morals or any character, you will not be able to work at this company for more than a few months. In the past 2 months, 5 people in my department have quit, including myself. If that doesn't speak for itself, then I don't know what will. My supervisor, the Director of Nonprofit Services, is so beyond unqualified, unprofessional, uneducated, and inexperienced; I had many clients ask NOT to have to communicate with her ever. Don't even get me started on the company culture. When I started, there was a lot of talk about improving culture, building a new culture, etc. - just one of the many lies I was told by management. They don't care about their employees' happiness or about protecting their employees. There's no real HR person at the company, so you can't express concerns or complaints. They don't want to know how their employees feel or about ideas their employees have. Ugh I can't say enough horrible things about this company. The moral of the story is: please, PLEASE do not work here. You can thank me later.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about BizCentral USA.