Black Diamond Networks - I had a very positive experience with Black Diamond Networks | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Black Diamond Networks

"I had a very positive experience with Black Diamond Networks"

Former Contractor - Test Engineer
Former Contractor - Test Engineer

I worked at Black Diamond Networks as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Let me begin with full disclosure. Black Diamond Networks is a staffing firm and I am a consultant. If you are like me and have been around the industry for a long time you know one thing, staffing firms are no fun to work with. But in the big picture, this experience was one of the better ones that I had. Like most assignments, the job description wasn't very accurate, but I got a great rate and at the end of the day that is all I can really ask for. One thing that separates Black Diamond Networks from some of the competition is that during my assignment I was provided a personal contractor advocate who inquired about my well being and my assignment. My assignment ended sometime after Thanksgiving and at the conclusion of my contract I was even given a small G/C explaining that they know that this is a tough industry, but that wanted to thank me for working with them. When you live on the road and are constantly being hounded by other firms these little things will really separate you from the competition!

Cons

As a contractor who has been in the business for around 15 years I can confirm two things. One - we get paid well and Two - we get no work benefits such as time off, holiday pay, insurance. It is an issue that has troubled me for quite a while now. Regretfully, Black Diamond Networks was no different than their competition and could not offer me any of the beneficial perks of being a full-time employee rather than a contractor.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in services to bring us back to you! We have a lot of options out there!

Other Employee Reviews for Black Diamond Networks

"My Excellent Contract at Bombarbier Aerospace Inc."

Former Contractor - Avionics Systems Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Contractor - Avionics Systems Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Black Diamond Networks as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Professional, Excellent Quality Engineers, Management was Outstanding and Avionics Projects were challenging.

Cons

My weekly commute from Oklahoma City, OK to / from Toronto, Ontario was delayed occassionally due to inclement weather encountered on my three weekly flights from Oklahoma City and Toronto, Ontario during the winter months.

Advice to Management

My work-life balance was outstanding since my work projects were quite challenging, definitely state-of-the art and consisted of assignments on Bombardier Aerospace's excellent aircraft.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Andover, MA

I worked at Black Diamond Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Black Diamond is a great company to work for. When I started here I was new sales and the staffing industry. This is a company that truly wants new employees to succeed and will give you the tools to do so. If you are new to the staffing industry and are serious about putting in the time - you will make a lot of money working here. BDN has created an awesome work environment where everyone works extremely hard and is very successful but also knows how to keep the work day fun.

Cons

Staffing is a tough industry, but if you are serious about it, this is the place to work. Management understands the nature of the job and will give you everything you need to succeed.