Black Duck Software - Awesome Experience so far | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Black Duck Software

"Awesome Experience so far"

Current Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Burlington, MA
Current Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Black Duck Software as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome atmosphere, helpful and highly skilled coworkers to name a very few. The best aspect of my internship here so far has been that this is real hands on experience since they don't have a lot of interns and hence, us, the few (and the proud) get to work on real projects with full time employees that get released to public unlike most stereotypical software development internships where your projects never get to see the light of day. The company deals with open source software and has seen a meteoric rise in the past year and a half. The staff is super friendly and there's plenty of people of Europe and India which makes it a very diverse workplace. After work, we gather to watch the Euro Soccer Tournament. However, that's not to say that its all fun and no work because there is a lot of work to do and the amount of stuff I've learned so far has made me realize that college education is a just a way to get a foot in the door. Its a whole new learning experience then on. All in all, a very memorable experience where I have learned a lot and I mean a LOT.

Cons

None, really except that maybe the hourly rate that they pay interns, even though very competitive esp. with the generous overtime pay, could have been a tad bit more but then again maybe I'm being greedy.

Advice to Management

Keep Rocking!
(Can you guys please repair the XBOX (read: red ring of death) in the game room? Thanks.)

Other Employee Reviews for Black Duck Software

"Successful teamwork!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Burlington, MA

Pros

The company is growing at a stellar rate, due to the importance and significance of our offerings, the well-run nature of the company and our visionary (yet still practical) CEO. The management team keeps employees apprised of our current state and desired future growth, which is very promising! The Black Duck marketing department takes teamwork seriously and is a highly effective, highly collaborative group. Personnel specializing in social media, lead generation, direct marketing, products, programs, public relations and communications work together so well, and it’s a pleasure to be part of this dynamic, professional and FUN group!

Cons

As with any company growing at this rate, Black Duck is very successful and very busy - which is actually a good thing!
    Benefits are typical for a start-up and adequate.

Advice to Management

With so many intelligent, dedicated and interesting people at Black Duck, we should try to foster and create more inter-departmental activities.

"Growing company that is a great place to work and has great people to work with"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Burlington, MA

Pros

The company has a great team atmosphere, great people to work with, management is very open about the plan of the company and keeps employees informed about what is going on. The company makes a point that employees need to have a work-life balance. The company has a flexible work schedule to allow you to adjust to other items happening in your life. Benefits are comparable with others in the industry. All employees receive new hire training from all of the departments to help them learn about the company quickly.

Cons

The company is growing quickly, so there is always work to be done which can be a good and a bad thing.