Black Hills IP - It could be better | Glassdoor

"It could be better"

Pros

Flexible schedule, good way to get your foot in the IP industry

Cons

Pay not commensurate with workload and industry standards.

Other Employee Reviews for Black Hills IP

"I love this place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Black Hills IP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Flexibility - The hours are very flexible and the company is willing to work with you to meet your needs
    *Full benefits - Health, Dental, 401(k) (no match yet), PTO, etc
    *Great staff and management - Everyone is approachable and helpful. People are "real"
    *Casual environment - Jeans everyday!
    *Individual Recognition - I cannot tell you how many times I have been told told I have been doing a good job by management or been sincerely thanked by my coworkers.

This place offers so many great things that I have never seen at other companies.
    *Need a morning or afternoon off but don't want use PTO? No problem! You can flex up to 4 hours a week. Need more? Talk to your manager!
    *Holiday PTO Flex. Take a weekday off, work that Saturday, get an additional day off to use during the holidays.

Cons

Minneapolis office is located downtown - You are paying for parking or using mass transit (on the plus side you have a LOT of lunch options on the Skyway!)
    Smaller company (less than 100 employees) so there is not a lot of room for career growth. On the other hand, you can easily get a lot of experience in many areas if you are willing to step up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Keep listening and working with your employees to keep up this amazing working atmosphere!

"I love going to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

I was unsure of what to expect when I first began working at BHIP, but any uncertainty I was having before is certainly gone now. First and foremost, the atmosphere is probably my favorite thing about working with this company. It's a casual environment (jeans every day!) and my coworkers are easily some of the best people I've worked with. Everyone is so kind and I feel comfortable asking for help. It's a great group of people and we have plenty of laughs at the office. Yet despite the easy-going atmosphere, this company is dedicated to quality service for its clients. The people here are not afraid to work hard and put in the hours it takes to meet deadlines and deliver exceptional results. This is a young and upcoming IP company that is growing steadily. If you're considering working for BHIP, I strongly recommend!

Cons

Haven't come across any cons yet.