BlackRock - Not nice | Glassdoor

"Not nice"

Pros

You can learn a lot.

Cons

Lots of money, but lots of unpleasant people.

Other Employee Reviews for BlackRock

1. "Abover Average Place to Work"

Former Employee - Global Operations and Administration Intern
    Former Employee - Global Operations and Administration Intern

Pros

As an intern in the middle of my college experience I found it refreshing to get work that the analysts would also be doing. The workload they give you is generally quite intense and allows you to learn a lot very quickly and feel valued.

Cons

There were very few opportunities for me to expand my horizons as an off-cycle intern. Instead of being moved around I was given a very narrow focus which I found restrictive and unhelpful.

Advice to Management

Try to make off-cycle interns have more options in moving around instead of simply training them once and letting them continue in the same division if they show interest in moving.

2. "A level headed opinion"

Pros

The pay is nice, the work environment was great and the employees were a real nice group of people. Initially had a great work culture. Management was great at training. I felt as if I landed the career of my dreams. I would definately work for them again....

Cons

After Lehman fell, environment became hostile. People not as willing to help each other. Unsure if management knew of lay-off situation, but they posed as if everything was ok, but it was clear after the first lay-off that there may be more to come. I felt a little deceived, but was ready to accept my pink slip during the second round.

Advice to Management

Just be real.. and call back old employees when your ready. :D