Blackbaud - great place to work | Glassdoor

"great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Marketing in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

fast pace, always something to learn, management is easy to work with, they promote within

Cons

not going to get rich working there

Other Employee Reviews for Blackbaud

"Not a bad place at all."

Current Employee - Analyst in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Great industry
    A lot of the staff truly cares and wants to improve products and services

Cons

The biggest con i can think of is that it's such a large company that the pace of change can be tediously slow, but honestly, this is not the first company i've worked for, but it is definitely the best i've worked for.

Advice to Management

i know software development takes time, but we have to pick up the pace. our products are already "behind the times" and it feels like instead of getting ahead of the curve we're playing catch-up to get to where the rest of the software industry was yesterday.

"Great name recognition but becoming slave to shareholders"

Current Employee - Manager in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Blackbaud has very good name recognition throughout the non-profit space as well as the city of Charleston. It has very talented employees who work hard to serve our non-profit clients. It is a growing company that when hiring, tends to look to hire from within...until the VP level and up (where they tend to look outside the company).

Cons

Year after year Blackbaud continues to become more and more slave to Wall Street and the shareholders of the company. Every year we have benefits lowered or lose them altogether. Every year we are expected to do more with less. Every year come budget time, they cut more and set higher goals for the following year. Any unique culture that Blackbaud once had, is ever diminishing.

Advice to Management

If you expect employees to believe in your motto "our people are what make us great" then you should start treating them that way. And with the growing tech industry in Charleston, Blackbaud will continue to lose top talent to newer and smaller companies because they actually value their employees.