Blackbaud - Sales Oriented, Little room for advancement otherwise. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

"Sales Oriented, Little room for advancement otherwise."

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Blackbaud full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For the most part, no one is going to bug you to work nights or weekends. They might try, but the culture doesn't roll that way. There's some good people that work there, and it's not a coal mine for the most part.

Cons

Some google searches will tell you what you need to know. The company looked to grow aggressively through the recession. However their strategy was to buy out smaller competitors, cut costs, and take full advantage of attrition. It turned out to not be a good multiyear strategy and the CEO was booted. But it was felt through the ranks long before that. No training, groups operating at half size, no resources put into the product... most people are scrambling to keep the lights on. Frustrating to say the least.

Advice to Management

Slim down the middle management and try to evolve as a tech company instead of an 80s conglomerate.

Other Employee Reviews for Blackbaud

1. "Blackbaud Inc"

Former Employee - Engagement Manager
    Former Employee - Engagement Manager

I worked at Blackbaud full-time

Pros

The company has a wide range of products and a name that the public is familiar with. It's good to have Blackbaud on your resume.

Cons

They are always looking to purchase smaller companies which usually comes with mass layoffs.

Advice to Management

None.

"Run As Fast As You Can In The Opposite Direction!"

Former Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Charleston, SC

I worked at Blackbaud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to Blackbaud, oh, excuse me "blackbaud". See how edgy and nouveau chic they are? They didn't capitalize their name. I know, right??

Cons

Software relegated to the 1990's. Their flagship software, The Raiser's Edge, is so full of bugs it's almost like the building (including the cafeteria) and its roach problems. There is minimal effort to test anything new with The Raiser's Edge. Office 2010 completely took "blackbaud" by surprise. They had NO IDEA it wasn't compatible with their software, and it only became partially compatible in 2012!!!! They had NO IDEA because they didn't bother to test it in beta. They are coasting along because, really, they don't have to improve their software. Who else will so-call nonprofits turn to? They're buying up all the competition. The last update I had the pleasure of living through was rolled out to much fanfare, and a patch had to be created the same freakin' day. This may or may not be related to the fact they let their employees drink alcohol on the job...it used to be every other Friday, but maybe it's just every day now?

Oh, and the managers are a joke. The bimbow I had didn't even know how to use The Raiser's Edge, yet she was chosen to be my supervisor? And she had the personality of cobra snake...just like most of the other ones. You could get a good review if you sucked up and went out to the bars (sensing a theme yet?) in Charleston with the managers. They love to choose brown nosers to move up. If that's your gig, then you'll fit right in. Otherwise, stay away.

Advice to Management

I can't wait to see your company go belly up.