Blackbaud - Best Job I've ever had!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

"Best Job I've ever had!!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Customer Support in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company takes care of their employees and cares about them. I've worked at other companies who say they care Blackbaud proves it!!
The pay is very competitive for this market!
The company welcomed me before my 1st day I felt a part of the Blackbaud family before my 1st day!!!

Cons

No real challenges I've been here 4 months and always enjoy getting up to go to work

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!! Continue to take care of your employees and appreciate the talent you have!

Other Employee Reviews for Blackbaud

"Not the worst place to work but avoid it"

Former Employee - QA Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - QA Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Blackbaud full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping non-profits as a side effect of making money for senior execs. It feels good helping so many good causes but sometimes you wonder how much you are really helping them vs just making money.

Cons

They do not value their employees and their Austin office is terrible. Pay is below average there is a lot of vague pressure to do better, somehow. They tell employees to wait for it to get better but they do nothing to really help. The office in Austin is terrible and they make no effort to actually make it better. Whoever is spending money on that office is completely inept.

Advice to Management

Pay your people better and try to really help your customers not just find ways of getting more money out of them. Fire your building administrator and be nice to your employees. Or just close up shop in Austin and go back to Charleston and go back to being the low tech company you used to be.

2. "Great place for UX!"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great PTO policy. You start with a fair amount and can gain additional PTO through volunteer work. Work-life balance is superb. Employees care about the NPO world. Working alongside non-profit organizations is rewarding and inspiring. The UX department is well ahead of most companies.

Cons

The salaries are not comparable to other software companies, especially with regard to salary advancement through pay raises and promotion. Decisions are often times a bit slow to come to action. The poor morale of younger employees is unacceptable due to a lack of feeling valued, poor mentoring, and limited investments in training opportunities.

Advice to Management

Develop a vision, share that vision, and simplify your approach. Take action and make your employees feel valued, encourage them to stay, and provide the foundation for keeping them there.