Blackbaud - Best Job I've ever had!!!! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

"Best Job I've ever had!!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Customer Support in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company takes care of their employees and cares about them. I've worked at other companies who say they care Blackbaud proves it!!
The pay is very competitive for this market!
The company welcomed me before my 1st day I felt a part of the Blackbaud family before my 1st day!!!

Cons

No real challenges I've been here 4 months and always enjoy getting up to go to work

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!! Continue to take care of your employees and appreciate the talent you have!

Other Employee Reviews for Blackbaud

"Not the worst place to work but avoid it"

Former Employee - QA Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - QA Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Blackbaud full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping non-profits as a side effect of making money for senior execs. It feels good helping so many good causes but sometimes you wonder how much you are really helping them vs just making money.

Cons

They do not value their employees and their Austin office is terrible. Pay is below average there is a lot of vague pressure to do better, somehow. They tell employees to wait for it to get better but they do nothing to really help. The office in Austin is terrible and they make no effort to actually make it better. Whoever is spending money on that office is completely inept.

Advice to Management

Pay your people better and try to really help your customers not just find ways of getting more money out of them. Fire your building administrator and be nice to your employees. Or just close up shop in Austin and go back to Charleston and go back to being the low tech company you used to be.

"Sucks the life out of you"

I worked at Blackbaud full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Spend a lot of money on top notch training from the people who "write the books" on how to do Inspired product management and agile product development right.
    - The products delivered help great non-profits fulfill their missions of making the world a better place
    - There are some awesome amazing great wonderful people who work there

Cons

- they don't care about employee retention: after the Convio acquisition there has been a mass exodus of dozens of really talented and knowledgeable staff.
     - Charleston-based salary ranges mean that if you are outside Charleston, your salary will stagnate and not rise with the market
     - for mid-level individual contributors who are in the primary "growth" phase of their career, there is little-to-no opportunity to grow within the company. If you want to be promoted, you have to leave

Advice to Management

Stop rewarding and celebrating executives who have bullish, back-stabbing behavior and are at the root cause of many top-notch employees just giving up and taking a hike. You are fostering a a workplace culture where the bad behavior of a few individuals is literally leaving wreckage in their path. Just because an executive runs a team that is responsible for projected revenue growth, doesn't mean that they have a right to bully other departments (that are responsible for large portions of EXISTING revenue) to drop what they are doing and risk their revenue to help drive the new growth.