Blackboard Insurance - Unknowledgeable and antiquated | Glassdoor

"Unknowledgeable and antiquated"

Former Employee - Contractor in Remote, OR

I worked at Blackboard Insurance for more than a year

Pros

Remote work is available and the company has the right idea of changing the insurance business. The culture is good and a lot of people are dedicated to moving the needle forward.

Cons

This company is made up of a lot of people from the parent company. They brought their culture with them and are the biggest obstacle. There are many problems always for everyone in the company with equipment and security.

Advice to Management

Hire people from other industries that are forward thinking and get rid of the AIG people as they are only bringing you down. You cannot create a new business with people who are stuck in the past.

Blackboard Insurance2019-06-05

Other Employee Reviews

"Fast with a lot of learning"

I have been working at Blackboard Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I enjoy the people I work with everyday - Fast but rarely feel stressed or pressured, as long as job is complete I'm able to come and go as I please - Unlimited PTO that's actually used - Opportunity for learning and growth, lots of it especially since the team and company is still young

Cons

- With any organization, especially one that's in a new industry with high expectations, there can be a lot of shifting/moving parts and it's difficult to know all of them

Blackboard Insurance2019-05-13
  2. "Dead end develop job"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Blackboard Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The building being connected to the train - Snacks

Cons

- Upper management writes Glassdoor reviews about themselves to boost their rating. - The walls are the color of cigarette smoke. - There are zero plants in the office. - No respect for mental health days... being depressed doesn't count as being sick day apparently. Totally an issue even though people are are taking weeks off for vacation. - HR doesn't care about your personal growth or success, neither does management.....

Blackboard Insurance2019-06-25

Discover more reviews about Blackboard Insurance.