Blackhawk Network - I'm proud to be a Blackhawk Employee! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Blackhawk Network

"I'm proud to be a Blackhawk Employee!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Fast-paced environment with collaborative people!

Cons

We all need to remember to play as hard as we work!

Other Employee Reviews for Blackhawk Network

"Grateful to be part of a growing organization and progressive environment"

Current Employee - Confidential in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Confidential in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Blackhawk Network provides a platform for me to reach my career goals and be part of a growing team that offers challenging yet rewarding work. I like to compare my work at BHN as that of an Artist with a blank canvas. Although I have no artistic ability--aside from creative communication talents;-), I'm able to manage my workload any way I see fit, make recommendations for improvements, question ineffective methods, persuade management when I have a good idea and feel accomplished when I see the finished product. It's nice to work in a casual yet progressive atmosphere where you can always escape for a quick round of pac-man, ping-pong or even take-off early to run some errands, hit the driving range, or to blow-off-steam at the gym. I also enjoy working for BHN because I'm able to have input across a wide range of important functions within the company--not just one small piece of the puzzle. There are many bright professionals across all departments including IT, HR, Sales, Marketing, Finance, etc... From the product to the people, BHN offers something interesting and stable that employee's can believe in. Those who are experienced, adaptable, motivated and passionate about their work will enjoy working at Blackhawk.

Cons

As with all employers, there's always a bad seed or two within its structure, and not everyone will fit the environment. For example, if you're looking for established structure, lots of red-tape, extensive processes and clear direction every step of the way, this may not be the place for you (for me this is more of pro than a con). For a company experiencing the type of growth and expansion as BHN, they handle it well, have talented professionals in the right spots and the Pro's far out-way the Con's.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering your people to make a difference by offering a blank canvass of sorts.

"What I learned was an unequaled opportunity w extremely innovative, positive & dedicated teams & mgnt at its core"

Former Employee - Part of the Sales Support Team in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Part of the Sales Support Team in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Fundamentally BHN is an outstanding company and delivers a great product hitting almost all of the “6 rights” Early on there was an open door with management for new ideas, process' and the means to achieve them. There was an extremely fast pace to meet new goals, initiatives and challenges that came seemingly, weekly. Teams supported their management because they believed in them and the companies objectives and were willing to do the hard work and long hours - most of us thrived on the success.

Cons

As the company grew its infrastructure and process’ to keep up and support it; didn’t. Sales teams were not effective in selling the companies portfolio, strengths and resources and as the pace of earlier years slowed and success was measured with smaller achievements the company’s dirty laundry was more apparent. A change in leadership left dysfunction and confusion between teams and a lack of clear roles, responsibilities and accountably with circumstances was relegated to finger pointing and blame.

Advice to Management

Your senior title doesn’t always make you right. Stop pushing what you know is wrong down hill and utilized the great people you hired for input. Set goals with roles and responsibilities defined and then hold those responsible, accountable.