Blackstone Technology Group - Truly committed to employees! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Blackstone Technology Group

"Truly committed to employees!"

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group full-time

Pros

Blackstone supports its credo of employee commitment by encouraging innovation and empowering us to drive our own careers. We’re provided the opportunity to work with mentors and receive the training we need to achieve our goals. We start each year with a theme that’s designed to inspire and motivate, and it does just that. This year’s theme is “Engage”, which encourages us to engage with colleagues, the marketplace, and the community. We also have some programs that acknowledge and reward our successes, as well as encourage activities outside of work. The “I Am Interesting” program provides funds for exploring new hobbies, interests, and activities. Basically, we get paid to have fun! I’ve worked for other companies with similar types of programs, but none have been as consistent and meaningful as Blackstone’s.

Cons

Since we have offices in multiple states, more than one annual kick-off meeting is held, so we don't get the opportunity to meet all of our fellow Blackstonians.

Other Employee Reviews for Blackstone Technology Group

1. "Scam shop ripoff run by sociopaths"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office location in the financial district
    Around the block from Schroeders

Cons

100% misrepresentation during the hiring process
    The CEO is a sociopath who's greatest joy is firing people
    Staffing manager controls flow of candidates, can easily choke off account managers
    Nepoitism
    Thieves

Advice to Management

Get out of the business with some dignity left. Quit stealing from your employees. Get a real job.

"Bad experience for me. Maybe you will like it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some very talented technical staff. Good medical benefits for single employees.

Cons

As some of the other reviewers are saying, most new hires are likely to leave after just one year. Turnover is bad for a company of this size and growth has stagnated due to projects ending, a slow-down in new sales, and the fact that they are constantly replacing talented employees who simply didn’t fit the culture and disliked the lack of effective and transparent communication (see previous reviews). During the recruitment process, I was told about my "eligibility" for a 10% bonus. More than eight months after I started, my supervisor met with me to explain what I had to do to get my full bonus. I knew at that point that I wasn’t going to reach those goals and had expressed that I would have appreciated it if they would have shared the goals with me when I started. The details of the bonus system aren’t included in offer letters, so I didn’t know what to expect and was shocked when I was told that my bonus was zero. The feedback was that I didn’t reach my goals (which were laid out for me only 4 months prior) and that the company didn’t reach its goals. When I finally decided to leave, I did the ethical thing and acted with decency and professionalism by giving a two week notice and then was told that policy said that I wouldn’t be able to work out my notice and they won't be paying me for the two weeks of notice that I gave them. I never saw this policy and I have no idea if it even exists, but as a single parent, this was a difficult financial burden to bear. Who does that and why would anyone ever give this company any notice when they leave? This was a very difficult culture for me to thrive in and feedback whether positive or negative was non-existent. No 401k match

Advice to Management

Simply learn how to do the right things and treat your employees with dignity and respect. Communication and transparency is a major problem internally and it leaves people feeling scared and detached. I didn’t have a desk phone for the first 2 weeks that I was working at Blackstone. That’s really unacceptable given my responsibilities and the on-boarding process should be re-visited. Recognize that there is a reason for the low morale and high turnover and that it's not just an "industry thing". Stop making your hiring decisions based on "cultural fit", it's just not working and I think that it would be beneficial to expand your culture rather than limit it to people that are just like you. Add a 401k match.