Blackstone Technology Group - Truly committed to employees! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Blackstone Technology Group

"Truly committed to employees!"

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group full-time

Pros

Blackstone supports its credo of employee commitment by encouraging innovation and empowering us to drive our own careers. We’re provided the opportunity to work with mentors and receive the training we need to achieve our goals. We start each year with a theme that’s designed to inspire and motivate, and it does just that. This year’s theme is “Engage”, which encourages us to engage with colleagues, the marketplace, and the community. We also have some programs that acknowledge and reward our successes, as well as encourage activities outside of work. The “I Am Interesting” program provides funds for exploring new hobbies, interests, and activities. Basically, we get paid to have fun! I’ve worked for other companies with similar types of programs, but none have been as consistent and meaningful as Blackstone’s.

Cons

Since we have offices in multiple states, more than one annual kick-off meeting is held, so we don't get the opportunity to meet all of our fellow Blackstonians.

Other Employee Reviews for Blackstone Technology Group

1. "A DC gem"

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group full-time

Pros

Culture keeps getting better and better, hard work is rewarded, employee growth is a focus.

Cons

Expectation for contribution to company above normal work duties may not be for everyone.

2. "Poor Management"

Pros

No pros at all. Nothing!!

Cons

1) I would suggest people to stop treating experienced people as freshers. Things like asking for daily status mails and queries on mails should not be encouraged. Its always better to solve queries and doubts face to face.

2) There should be a proper communication regarding what is expected out of a new joinee. New joinee should be introduced properly to the team mates (both onsite and offshore) and should be a part of every meeting.

3) Managers should consider having one on one session atleast once with the new joinee.

4) Lead should know on what platforms their applications are built upon. It becomes annoying when somebody at a lead position does not know about the system he is working upon.

5) Transport coordinators should make sure that the employees reach their home comfortably and the routes should be as per employees convenience.

6) Juniors should focus on their work rather than buliding personal relationships with their seniors.

7) Ergonomics of workplace needs to be improved, especially lighting, as improper lighting leads to eye issues.

Advice to Management

Read my comments