Blackstone Technology Group - A great place to grow your career at a faster pace than other places | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Blackstone Technology Group

"A great place to grow your career at a faster pace than other places"

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group full-time

Pros

There is an energetic, entrepreneurial environment here. Overall, the company focuses on hiring smart people that have great ideas and spirit, and the clients appreciate that. The team here is tight-knit, and many of us have become good friends outside of the work place. We work hard, but we have a lot of fun doing it. There's always great happy hours, dinners and beers if you have to work late. Beyond that, the company has put in a lot of effort over the last few years to scale for further growth - with strategic hires, investment in professional development tools, etc.

Cons

Because it's a smaller company, and it values great ideas, at times the company can seem unfocused. With three distinct service lines, and various solutions in each of them, they need an overarching strategy to tie everything together. And, as with many professional services firms, the company has to be reactive to market conditions, and things like training, conferences and events become a lower priority.

Advice to Management

Create and consistently communicate the big picture and future vision to the team.

Other Employee Reviews for Blackstone Technology Group

"Truly committed to employees!"

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group full-time

Pros

Blackstone supports its credo of employee commitment by encouraging innovation and empowering us to drive our own careers. We’re provided the opportunity to work with mentors and receive the training we need to achieve our goals. We start each year with a theme that’s designed to inspire and motivate, and it does just that. This year’s theme is “Engage”, which encourages us to engage with colleagues, the marketplace, and the community. We also have some programs that acknowledge and reward our successes, as well as encourage activities outside of work. The “I Am Interesting” program provides funds for exploring new hobbies, interests, and activities. Basically, we get paid to have fun! I’ve worked for other companies with similar types of programs, but none have been as consistent and meaningful as Blackstone’s.

Cons

Since we have offices in multiple states, more than one annual kick-off meeting is held, so we don't get the opportunity to meet all of our fellow Blackstonians.

2. "A DC gem"

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group full-time

Pros

Culture keeps getting better and better, hard work is rewarded, employee growth is a focus.

Cons

Expectation for contribution to company above normal work duties may not be for everyone.