1. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Blast Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-life balance Honest and direct working environment Leadership that cares about people, not just numbers Individuals can make a big impact

Cons

Sometimes not always clear what priorities are Could use more help in some areas of research rather than putting more work on existing employees

Blast Analytics Response

December 18, 2019CEO

Thank you for the positive validation of our work-life balance and caring leadership. More importantly, thank you for the frank and constructive thoughts on priorities/goals. The Blast leadership team is doing an off-site retreat in early January to discuss goals, sharpening our focus, and further refining strategic initiative priorities for 2020. Increasing our clarity and consistency in company goals/priorities is the primary emphasis for leadership and this is key to ensuring we continue to evolve and set the team up for success. If you have more specific thoughts that you would like to share on how we can do this, please reach out to anyone on leadership that you feel comfortable with. If you are inclined, I personally would be excited to meet with you and get your input in the near future, and then follow up later in the year to hear how you think we are doing.

Other Employee Reviews

1. COVID-19

"Simply the best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Director: Analytics Implementation in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Blast Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Blast is led by a genuinely awesome and caring leadership team. Kayden has been very open with the company about his vision, his worries, and ho we can help the company. We know where we stand. I truly believe they not only care about me and my teammates but they care about how our families are doing as well. They are stable. Blast has never done layoffs or furloughs in the 20 years it's been around. We were told that there was no risk to our jobs while COVID-19 was wreaking havoc and they even said that if we ever got to a point where major cuts had to happen that we would bear them together instead of letting anyone go. The benefits are good enough. Nothing really special about them but they take care of my family. The flexibility they offer is wonderful. I work remotely and they take very good care of their remote teammates which is refreshing when you compare to places where almost everyone is local and the few remote employees are left out of so much including advancements. The place is loaded with really good people who happen to also be very smart. I love it here and they'll have to kick me out if they want me to leave.

Cons

The benefits could be better but honestly they are better than other consulting agencies I have worked for and they really do a good job of supporting our families needs.

Continue reading
  2. "It’s been a life-changing experience."

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Blast Analytics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’ve worked at Blast longer than any other place I’ve been, and my role has morphed a few times over the years. My experience has been one of unlimited potential for growth. Like most things, you get out what you put in, so if you are truly passionate about what you do, you will thrive here. If you are naturally curious and committed to solving problems, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn. This isn’t the kind of place where people just clock in and wait for the day to end. You’ll be challenged to pull your weight and produce client results, and you’ll be doing it with the most amazing people. The team here is not only smart and driven, but *kind.* Integrity is common. The CEO and others in upper management sincerely care about everyone’s well-being and maintaining a high quality of work-life. Normally, I’d be writing something ridiculous at this point (yeah, you know who this is), but I actually am in awe of the support I’ve received at this company and how far that’s allowed me to come. That support includes a generous time off policy and salary as well as the intangible stuff.

Cons

There have been some growing pains that are probably typical of a company this size, where sometimes people have to balance program work with management duties. Or a process will be put in place that doesn’t seem to fit with the needs of an agency. I’ve seen people get promoted before they were really well-qualified to handle advance responsibilities, but things like that usually sort themselves out in the long run. It helps tremendously that we now have a fantastic HR director who understands organizational and professional development. Management has been working on transparency over the past couple of years, and it really shows.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Blast Analytics.