Bleacher Report - Awesome company, amazing people! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bleacher Report

"Awesome company, amazing people!"

Current Employee - Frontend Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Frontend Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bleacher Report full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very flexible and understanding management
- Challenging work
- Realistic deadlines
- WFH is available when needed
- Great company outings
- Amazing people

Cons

- None that I can think of

Other Employee Reviews for Bleacher Report

1. "The Intern Program is an incredible learning opportunity and definitely worthwhile"

Pros

As an intern with the Bleacher Report, I believe I had such an enjoyable and rewarding experience because I fully immersed myself in it. As an intern we are encouraged to not just cover the sports and events we are assigned, but to write as much as possible about those sports moments, athletes, or concepts that we are passionate about. The site allowed us, as writers, to not just view the number of reads and comments from readers, but also respond to our readers' comments, which was especially helpful in learning what we were doing right or wrong based on audience reception.
    Though I especially enjoyed writing about my favorite sports, it was a thrilling type of challenge to be taken out of my comfort zone and have to write about a variety of sports. For example, though I am not so well-versed in soccer, I was given assignments to cover World Cup events, which I believe has ultimately broadened my writing ability. Also, I found that the Internship coordinators and staff were incredibly welcoming and useful. In addition to the feedback I received after almost every article I wrote (over 75), I was encouraged to discuss any questions or concerns with my editors. They made it clear early on that they were not their to baby-sit us, but instead to be a resource, and sure enough they were exceptional.

Cons

The internship is online, which has its benefits and downfalls. I really liked the fact that I could do my writing from anywhere, whether at home, in the library or at a cafe. But at the same time, that one-on-one, face-to-face element was missing. However, the most effective way to get the most out of the internship, I found, was to dedicate yourself to the work and strike up dialogue with your superiors to create a sense of knowing one another.

Advice to Management

The intern program is insightful, enjoyable and a unique learning experience. It's the kind of internship where students of sports journalism will truly get as much as they give.

2. "Bleacher Report Internship: A Great Way to Get Into Sports Journalism"

Current Employee - Featured Columnist/Former Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Featured Columnist/Former Intern in San Francisco, CA

Pros

First and foremost, the internship at the Bleacher Report is a great way for a budding writer to build a portfolio and hone his or her writing skills through a structured program. The coordinators gave constructive feedback and were always accommodating when extenuating circumstances arose. I loved that there were deadlines and assigned topics to write about. I've trained for other sports writing internships but quickly fell off the wagon due to a lack of feedback, structure, and supervision. Partaking in the Bleacher Report internship is a fun and low-pressure avenue through which sports enthusiasts, young and old, can develop their voices, self-starter or no.

Cons

There were certainly some kinks in the program, though they were pretty much all either attributable to technical difficulties not related to the internship or have since been accounted for by adjustments in the structure of the program. The fact that it's entirely online can be a bit of a drawback, since there's no face-to-face contact, but the format also allows for a great deal of flexibility on the part of the intern.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Prompter feedback on articles and a quicker turnaround on the end-of-program evaluations would be greatly appreciated. Definitely publicize the program more, especially around college campuses.