Blinds.com - Great Company with a Positive Working Culture and Bright Future | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Blinds.com

"Great Company with a Positive Working Culture and Bright Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Blinds.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Blinds.com has always been a fun place to work, with some of the brightest talent in Houston. Since Home Depot buyout, we have been given more projects and opportunities for growth into new business areas. These projects are challenging and require us to rethink our current processes so that we can be more efficient and continue to learn. We also have tons of food for fuel and outlets such as small parties, ping pong, etc to relieve stress.

Cons

Transition of how to handle the merge with Home Depot. Communication from upper management can seem like they are not being 100% truthful and transparent.

Other Employee Reviews for Blinds.com

"Don't fall into the trap that is this toxic place...or the good reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Blinds.com full-time

Pros

-Opportunity to work as much as possible
    -Catered food several times a month
    -Fun events every now and then
    -You MIGHT, I say MIGHT be allowed to work from home a couple of days a week if you're lucky.

Cons

Where do I begin?
    This place is nothing like it used to be. They used to invest in their employees and bring in people with real talent and skills. Now the place is chocked full with people who just left fast food joints, gas stations, or Target. They beg you to speak up and be yourself but when you do, you are simply ignored, terminated, or "blacklisted". The management here is a complete farce. They pretend to care about you and tell you that its all about 'improvement' but in reality, they are underqualified, selfish, egotistical folks who will fire you just for looking at them the wrong way. This is a Home Depot company - which means that the management will throw anyone under the bus just so they can look good..or like they actually know what they're doing. Ever been the person who dared to be different by doing your hair a certain way or wearing something different, but when you stepped out, you felt like everyone was talking bad about you or whispering to each other about you? Yea, that's how management makes you feel here. Like to be micro-managed? This is the place for you! Like to be watched like a hawk the second you go to lunch, the bathroom, or to take a break? This is the place for you! Enjoy adhering to a ton of strict rules just to help customers out? This is the place for you! Like having your pay docked for even the simplest mistakes even though you actually helped the customer? This is your place! Really, the only people happy in the place are the people who work in IT or marketing. See a bunch of amazing reviews of this place? Yea, that came from the friendly folks down in marketing. See additional reviews of people who absolutely love it here? Look at their time of employment - most less than a year. Yea, those are all people who just arrived to this place and haven't seen the warts and disease of the company. Think I'm just a bitter former employee writing a scathing review? Think again. I'm telling it like it is...and I couldn't be happier that I've left. If I can prevent one person from applying here and going through the painstaking process of employment for the sake of their career and mental health, then I've done my job.

Advice to Management

Too late to save this sinking ship. Just being honest....

"If you know how to grow."

Current Employee - IT Developer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT Developer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Blinds.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are bunch of opportunities, all you need open eye and ear.

Cons

sometimes favoritism, Management sometimes seems to be lost or dont want to convey details. More or life depends on pleasing Home depot but its Pro too and THD gets more business.

Advice to Management

Open up and speak up more and tell people.