Blizzard Entertainment - Blizzard Entertainment review from QA side | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Blizzard Entertainment

"Blizzard Entertainment review from QA side"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - QA Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

benefits and culture in the company

Cons

salary , not best possible planning for time and resources

Advice to Management

to care about more about team

Other Employee Reviews for Blizzard Entertainment

"Great people to work with"

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Irvine, CA

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Fantastic workmates
    - Good cafeteria
    - Great events and perks
    - Some of the best games on the market

Cons

- Difficult to advance
    - Somewhat disorganized training/work metrics
    - Lack of communication between departments
    - Some poor management choices

Advice to Management

Overall this has been one of my favourite places to work, ever. I love the company and still have a lot of love and loyalty for the company and the games. Mike Morhaime has always done right by his employees, from my limited personal experience and from everything I have heard. He is an admirable man who has made some amazing changes to maintain the company and uphold the core values.

There were many ups and downs in the CS department over the time that I was there. As they grew, there seemed to be more of a distance between what was happening in the department itself and how that was communicated to the upper managent of the company. On the whole, the individuals I worked with rolled well with the punches and certainly became a force to be reckoned with in the gaming industry. From a business perspective, I can see where it made sense to cut back on some of the perks and events, but sometimes it felt that the only departments affected by those cut-backs were the "entry level" departments. May I suggest finding ways to make cuts across the company (rather than just one or two departments) that make business sense, but that don't shoot down employee morale?

I would also suggest raising the payscale somewhat for Quality Assurance and Customer Support, just to be a bit more competitive in the industry. I think Blizzard can pull the cream of the crop into every department, and those people deserve to be paid to reflect that polish and shine they bring to wherever they are hired.

"My Crazy Blizzard Life"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In short, the people. You will work with some of the most amazing people ever. You get taken care of and all the special parties are pretty nice too.

Cons

If you are in the CS side of things, you are pretty much stuck there. To get out to another branch of the company could take a miracle. And getting promoted gets a bit tricky, because those that are in the positions of power that you want tend not to leave.

Advice to Management

Keep rocking. You have some the best people, take care of them like you always do.