Blood Systems - Corporate Office is a great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Blood Systems

"Corporate Office is a great place to work"

Pros

Upper management embraces the mission and values of the organization. Corporate office and UBS seem to have positive environment for cooperative and collaborative works to be successful.

Cons

The testing laboratory culture fosters an environment of CYA and stab your neighbor in the back to move ahead, this unfortunately is pervasive in that area. The few that cannot identify with the mission and values of the organization that should not work there dampen the spirit and culture of the organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Blood Systems

"Great organization and place to work."

Pros

I am very proud to work for Blood Systems, not only because of the life-saving work we do, but because of the integrity that is required and the way they treat their employees.

Cons

It may not be for everyone. The life-saving work done by the organization means that everyone operates in a high-compliance environment and must be detail-oriented.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the fact that the company genuinely cares about its employees and provides a stable and friendly work environment.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Corporate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Corporate in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Blood Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have a great manager and get to learn new skills in my field. Love working with my team. Pay is very good with opportunity for bonus. Great work/life balance.

Good 401k with matching. Telecommuting is available.

Cons

Health insurance is just OK. Aetna does not have the best customer service. It's in-network only with a fairly high deductible. The company funded HRA does help with that but still higher deductible than I've had at other companies. Doctors visits and prescriptions are all paid at full price out of pocket until the deductible is met.

No short-term disability insurance. There is an in-house illness/injury accrual benefit but it accrues slowly and has to be replenished over time if used.

PTO accrual is OK. Paid out at termination.

If you have a spouse with great benefits it will help.

Advice to Management

There's room for improvement with benefits, but overall a great company to work for.