Bloomberg L.P. - Bloomberg will ruin your career, get out while you still can. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

"Bloomberg will ruin your career, get out while you still can."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good health benefits, good amount of vacation

Cons

In my department, not one person in senior management cares about anything else but furthering their own careers. We are constantly told to take risks, collaborate, and be innovative, yet the second anyone goes out on a limb, they are reprimanded for not conforming to standards. Management systems are outdated and uninspiring. Almost everyone I work with is miserable and either feel trapped due to needing job stability or are counting down the days until they quit. I have never seen a workplace with such low morale and fear. HR and upper management try and get the most amount of work out of you while paying you the least amount possible. The amount of money wasted on consultants and incompetency is astounding.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. I have never seen such unhappy and fearful people. Listen to your employees. Get rid of bad managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

"Good company to have on your resume. Terrible company to work for!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good health benefits from day 1. Free snacks in the pantry.

Cons

Everything is based on favoritism and not on competence nor qualifications. My manager was extremely unprofessional and always promoted people who she was friends with. Mainly several 20 year olds that took the effort to kiss some butt. Straight out of college kids that had no experience and became team leaders within as soon as three months and were managing senior employees with more exeprience and qualifications within the department. On top of that, the Head of the department seemed not to care about these circumstances as well. The whole structure of the company is a charade. I couldn't wait to get out of there, even though it took me two years to resign. Why I sateyed that long? I was hoping for things to change and improve. I didn't happen.

Advice to Management

PUt the right people in management and be fair to your employees.

"Great place to launch a media career, but offers limited opportunities for growth"

Former Contractor - Reporter in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Reporter in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Bright colleagues, competitive pay, bustling newsroom.

Cons

Repetitive work, little opportunity for skill building.

Advice to Management

Give reporters outlets for feature stories and encourage them to produce them.