Bloomberg L.P. - An old and big company trying to seem like a Silicon Valley startup ... with some success actually | Glassdoor
  1. "An old and big company trying to seem like a Silicon Valley startup ... with some success actually"

Former Intern - Financial Software Developer Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. for less than a year

Pros

Awesome location, snacks, usually interesting work and good hours. The employees seem very content and taken care of. The full-timers were very welcoming to the interns, inviting us to play frisbee after work. (The work-life balance was good -- people normally left around 6 pm to do that sort of thing.) The interns had a week of training which also allowed us to socialize, and the intern class ended up pretty... close and brave.

Cons

The codebase is largely old and kludgy (like any 30+ year old company). They spent a week teaching the interns how to use their proprietary stack, though, and it's pretty effective at what it does.

Advice to Management

Great job!

Bloomberg L.P.2013-09-26
  1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fast paced environment with great benefit packages

Cons

Long hours and traveling

Bloomberg L.P.2019-10-17
  2. "Challenging environment, a great stepping stone for finance in the future"

Current Employee - Fixed Income Global Data Analyst in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and employee compensation package, tuition reimbursement, free food all day, work/life balance, good team lead, challenging work if you know how to navigate around it. Your experience is up to you.

Cons

Management really depends on luck.

Advice to Management

Motivate employees to pursue their passion.

Bloomberg L.P.2019-10-16

Discover more reviews about Bloomberg L.P..