Bloomberg L.P. - TOMS Account Manager | Glassdoor

"TOMS Account Manager"

Former Employee - TOMS Account Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - TOMS Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great job security & benefits. Play their game & be a company man & you will do great.

Cons

If you have prior experience, do your best to negotiate a comfortable salary. Assuming you are doing a good job, you will get raises, but it may be to your bonus & not salary. Your bonus is tied to your departments performance & the overall company's performance, so that can be out of your hands.

Advice to Management

Start a Chicago office for account managers who cover the mid west. Currently they are all based out of NY & fly them back & forth. If you have a family it requires a lot of travel unless your account base is in or near NY.

Other Employee Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

"Good company to start at"

Former Employee - Financial Software Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Software Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For a developer: Good projects, great opportunity to learn UNIX/C/C++, some pretty smart folks and resources to draw upon.

Cons

Stuffy and arrogant culture, "big-brother" mentality, rude managers abound. Definitely not a good place to stay for long.

Advice to Management

Train managers on how to respect subordinates and peers. *Mostly* smart people are hired. Give these people encouragement and opportunity for growth - then retaining employees will be a lot easier.

"Generally stable in a fast-moving often-changing environment"

Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bloomberg covers a lot of different areas in its work. Being at the crux of technology, markets, and media, there's always a lot of interesting stuff going on. You get to work with smart interesting people on some really cool stuff. Benefits are great.

Cons

There can be a bit of bureaucratic silliness from time to time. I think the relatively flat culture Bloomberg promotes makes this less bad than what I've heard of at some other large companies, but I've still been in some pretty useless meetings.

Advice to Management

More flexibility in working remotely would be beneficial. It's difficult to do high-concentration work in our open floorplans, and working remotely can be a good backup - if our firewalls and culture permit.