Bloomingdale's - Don't ever work at bloomimgdales!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bloomingdale's

"Don't ever work at bloomimgdales!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous
Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

lots of vacation time! great discounts

Cons

"Like no other store in the world" the devil says! This place treats all of their employees badly no respect. the pressure to open credits is ridiculous..... several people took a heart attack at the 59th street store due to the level of stress from the job! they took away our rotation weekends.they talk down to us. all of the ceo's are stuck up. they dont acknowledge us. they set u up for failure when it comes to your reviews. this B-connected is a total waste of money. (this is not a hair salon or a dentist ) ever since the 59th street store affiliated with macys it changed for the worst! worst move bloomingdales could have ever done! dont work here you won't have a life.the hour's are not even livable.

Advice to Management

treat us with respect. care about our needs and realize we do try everyday. but you do expect us to achieve any goals when its not realistic! give us our rotation weekends back because we do have lives and family. you guys are running us down even to the point of death!

Other Employee Reviews for Bloomingdale's

"God experience overall"

Current Employee - Womens Shoe Salesman
    Current Employee - Womens Shoe Salesman

I have been working at Bloomingdale's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, discount, good benefits, chances for advancement

Cons

inventory was poor so customers constantly frustrated, too many associates in a commissioned area, not always interviewing for the position you applied to.

Advice to Management

While the return policy is great for the customer, it is terrible for a commissioned associate. Accepting back used, worn merchandise, or products bought a year or more ago is discouraging.

2. "sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time

Pros

It's a fun place to work, nice coworkers, good employee discounts and a good place to learn fashion.

Cons

need to wear all black all the time, and the training process was way too long.