KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Current Employee

don't work here. itsw an unhealthy and STRESSFUL environment

Dec 21, 2015 - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee discounts Great fashion Good food And that is all

Cons

I have been here for over 10 years. It's a very unhealthy and stressful place to work. This company doesn't treat their employees well at all! Ever since Macy has taken over the 59th street store it has never been the same. Management talks down to you and treats you like you are in school all over again. My advice if your looking for work is not to work at Bloomingdale's. It is not the way it use to be. You will be very stressed and unhappy. All the good managers are leaving because the pressure is unbearable. My co workers and I are so over worked to the point where we are runned down. The past few years the stress has been so unbearable that coworkers have gotten heart attacks while working in the store. We are not appreciated for the hard work that we do.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice work culture

May 23, 2022 - Sales Professional in Newport Beach, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed working there before I became a stay a home mom. The people were so kind and they had an amazing employee discount.

Cons

I wish they had a store debit card like Nordstrom has that way we would open even more store accounts!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good People but struggling company culture

May 24, 2022 - Assistant Buyer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros: There are a lot of smart and kind people here. I never felt like the environment was overly competitive and people help one another. The company is small so you have access to all areas of the company, you don't feel like just a number. People will get to know your name. Since so many people are quitting the promotion cycle is moving faster than it used to.

Cons

Cons: Overall, I'd say avoid Bloomingdale's until they sort out their retention problem and figure out a direction for the company. HR and leadership are out of touch. Employees are burned out across the board, especially in buying. Since summer 2021, people are quitting left and right. When people quit, the company is either too slow to hire or chooses to not replace the vacant position leading to higher workloads. The workload is unsustainable and mainly menial tasks that are repetitive and boring. Data entry is not a transferable skill for other high paying jobs. If you care about your mental health, work life balance, having a feeling of purpose at work, or wanting to have good career prospects I would avoid Bloomingdale's for now. It used to be better pre pandemic but things have gone majorly downhill.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Bloomingdale's.

Bloomingdale's Photos