Blount International - I was hoping for a good career move and now I just have to move. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Blount International

"I was hoping for a good career move and now I just have to move."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Blount International full-time

Pros

Job Security. Good employee discount.

Cons

Too much manditory OT with no end in sight. Managers are only concerned with end of month and end of quarter numbers and not the OT impact on emloyees. Micro managing at its best. HR issues.

Advice to Management

OT should be dropped and Headcount needs to be increased. This would save the company money and increase their capacity. A plant manager that has experience in running a big facility needs to be brought in to turn around the KC location. The currrent management does not have the knowledge or experience to get this location to the next level. Listen to the employees sugestions.

Other Employee Reviews for Blount International

"Great co-workers, okay management that is leaning toward stockholder focus"

I worked at Blount International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great coworkers at all levels. Everyone is pretty willing to help with projects, as long as you are careful about understanding that they have other things to work on in addition to what you are asking of them.

Cons

During my employment the upper management got more and more vocal about how the employees are the most important asset of the company, but their actions showed that their real concern was about stock price, and spinning soft market conditions to look okay to major stock holders.

Advice to Management

Slow down on acquiring new business units and focus on getting the organization moving in the same direction. Stop playing a numbers game with shipments to try and keep the stock prices up, it only ends up hurting the company the next month, and frustrating everyone with the rollercoaster of activity.

"A charater and skill building experience, so far so good."

Current Employee - Tool and Die in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Tool and Die in Portland, OR

I have been working at Blount International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay and school is paid. Work with some very talented people. Can move up quickly and there are some good mentors if you are willing to be open and learn. The company is doing a lot of improvement activities to change the culture. Keep it up.

Cons

There are some not so talented, lazy people that never seen to get kicked out of here! I have seen individuals cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars and stay comfortably in there office playing on Facebood.

Advice to Management

Make sure the people actually doing the work are happy. Cut the fat! We got lots of people that do nothing around here for 20+ years