Blue Canopy - Senior Consultant | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Blue Canopy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Performance driven salaries and bonus structure. If you work hard and contribute to the cultural and business growth of the company you will be compensated appropriately.

- Smaller IT Consulting Firm that relies on growth and promotions from within the company. They look to advance their own employees before hiring outside the company which is great.

- BC gives great opportunities to have a lot of responsibilities if you show, over time, that you are capable of taking on duties. Lots of room to learn and grow your knowledge base in IT security.

- Family oriented culture where you get to know your Senior-Level Management, the CEO, Principle, COO, CFO very well. They also provide 5-6 company functions per year for team building.

Cons

- Lack of professional training in-house and limited incentives to take IT training or certifications. While you receive $3,000 for "education and training", a lot of the more expensive training courses will not be approved except for special cases. They would prefer to pay the least amount of money and keep you billable as much as possible so week long trainings are not an option. If you are a self-study type of person than this company is for you. Self-study and BC will pay for you to take the exam but don't expect any 3-7 day training courses being approved on your first attempt.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Blue Canopy

"Good Old Boys Network"

Former Employee - Sales in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Reston, VA

I worked at Blue Canopy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good and smart people working there, just not management.

Cons

It's your typical good old boys network. Useless, lazy, and sexist former military in cushy do nothing roles.

Advice to Management

Hire SOME WOMEN!

"Former Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia (South Africa)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia (South Africa)

I have been working at Blue Canopy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Absolutely None. Seriously, there isn't. Don't even trust your offer letter. People are leaving this place in droves. The best thing that can happen to this place is that it gets sold - but I'm not sure anyone would acquire it based on its low win rate.

Cons

Worst decision I ever made was to work for this company. Huge numbers of staff resigned during my tenure - over 35% the previous year I was told which sounds about right. I've read the earlier posts about Blue Canopy below and the ones that recommend the company are either completely delusional or a Partner attempting to balance out the negative reviews with a few positive ones.

Don't know how anyone could recommend this place. Even my offer letter was a lie. Go work somewhere else. You have no idea how much better off you'll be.

Advice to Management

Stop being so dishonest to your staff. Show respect. That is why your attrition rate is so bad.